P. series or Konas?

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
P. series or Konas?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:09 Quote
whats better the specialized P. series or the Konas(stuff,shred, etc..) for dj/street? doesnt have to be this years models just want to know what you guys think.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
both comapinies make amazing bikes...you couldnt go wrong with either one...id say the P series because most of the time it comes with better parts stock and i like the way they look better...but either way both companies make amazing products..thats a tough choice ur gonna have to make

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:15 Quote
its called you live in america so you could get a blk mrkt .357 easily so go and buy one instead of a kona or p. series

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:24 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
its called you live in america so you could get a blk mrkt .357 easily so go and buy one instead of a kona or p. series
don't say that, the 357 is one of the worst builds i've ever laid eyes upon. look into an eastern night train. but if you're more into freeride than dj, the konas are quite good for the price

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:25 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
kyle7 wrote:
don't say that, the 357 is one of the worst builds i've ever laid eyes upon. look into an eastern night train. but if you're more into freeride than dj, the konas are quite good for the price
personally i know you know that the 357 is better than any p.series or kona stuff-shred-or cowan

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
This is y u shouldn't get a kona

LOOK AT THE FORK CLOSELY

Theres a fork but no frame haha

photo

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
also yeah the night train is a good investment(one of my dream bikes)

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
Well, for dj and street, the P.Series has 2 cromo bikes. (same frame different build)

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
not nessecarily, their chromo frames weigh a ton, around 8 pounds for just the frame

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:31 Quote
Neither, they both blow. Look into an STP, a District, a night train, a .357, or build one. The frame is the largest piece of the puzzle, and I don't like either the kona nor the spec frame, due to weight and geometry.

They're ugly, too.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:33 Quote
kyle7 wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
kyle7 wrote:
personally i know you know that the 357 is better than any p.series or kona stuff-shred-or cowan
you should only get the 357 if you know how to do upgrades, if not, the stock build is just appalling. the cowan build is way better. and for freeride, the 357 simply can't hold up, whereas the cowan, stuff, shred, are built to take pretty much whatever you throw at em

and about the snapped off headtube, is that a fork that should be on that frame? most of the time, when a headtube snaps, it's due to a retard owner putting too much travel on the front end

O+
i love kona's but their jumper frames look too xc for me. i gots a p3 and i love it. a great all around bike.

sherbet wrote:
Neither, they both blow. Look into an STP, a District, a night train, a .357, or build one. The frame is the largest piece of the puzzle, and I don't like either the kona nor the spec frame, due to weight and geometry.

They're ugly, too.
look what i said up there, i said night train or .357

O+
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
i did see it. those are all good bikes, i'm not arguing that. although, this thread is asking which is best out of two bikes-a kona jumper a p.series. plus, you can't beat specialized's lifetime frame warranty.

Posted: Mar 19, 2008 at 19:36 Quote
freeridebigisland wrote:
i did see it. those are all good bikes, i'm not arguing that. although, this thread is asking which is best out of two bikes-a kona jumper a p.series. plus, you can't beat specialized's lifetime frame warranty.
i wasnt talking to you. I was talking to sherbet

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009343
Mobile Version of Website