Whats lighter than a dj1? For Street

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Whats lighter than a dj1? For Street
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 9:44 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
rockymountianflow wrote:
by the way who said that arygles are lighter than your dj1s itwould only be by like 20 grams which isnt enough to change forks.
they are ligher because the dj1 were talking about is the 06 model
Ya they are lgihter but only by am few games like 20-40

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 9:46 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
also did they even make dj1s in 06?Very confused i looked on the site and saw nothing...if you can find it hit me with a link...
Heres a pic of 06 dj1s
photo

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 2:10 Quote
norcoman-1314 wrote:
dkidd wrote:
Hey... back on topic here, get a used MAnitou Gold label II. It'll be cheap, comes in black, is light as hell, and as strong as a sherman. And it's made for street/dj.

And since we were talking about Chase before, he used to (or still does) use them.

Yay, Gold label.

(oh, and it's lighter than a pike (unless it's air) or any argyle, or any of the DJ series by MZ. And the XXXX's suck balls. (snappy stanchions))

qtf, i just checked and your fork is 6 pounds, so with a gl you'd be saving almost 2 pounds...

the gl should come in more colors then just that, if not get out the spray paint, function over fashion...

No they are 5.64 lbs because i weighed mine with axle and steerer (2006) Manitous are very light but iv heard very mixed stories about manitou qaulity/realiability but iv never riden any apart from 100mm stance which felt like a sponge so cant comment on hgher end forks.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 4:06 Quote
-pie- wrote:
m3hl wrote:
-pie- wrote:
he wants a street fork dumbass.

you are obviously dont know what youre talking about... a pike is a damn good street fork. trust me if you are careful you can get away with running even lighter stuff.

dont call him a dumbass because he knows a fair amount more about bikes than you.
pike= allmountain
36= freeride
float= freeride

Pike=sex fork Smile

Edit: Don't go with manitous unless your prepared to spend alot of cash. They suck unless you spend money to get the good ones like goldlabels.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 4:23 Quote
which pike then as there are a few models?

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 5:28 Quote
djbiker01 wrote:
which pike then as there are a few models?

Well ; you got pikes with a coil spring and pikes that work with air chambers ( If i'm right ? not sure doh )
The pike with air will be lighter but i heard that they are weaker then the coil version*

Pikes are super forks , no doubt about that ( but there were some issues with snaping lower pieces ) but i would reccomend you the Argyle 409. I had the 318 for a while , i loved them. Very strong and trustable fork. They felt lighter then the DJ 1 but dont know for sure about the weigt.

The 409 works on air and you see them alot for street/dj at this part of Belgium.
I also read somewhere that they were easy to put to 80mm ...

So it's your choice !
Good luck and sorry for my bad English.

(But check my avatar and then you will understand why my English is that bad :pimpSmile

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:59 Quote
get a 318

cant be f*cked with

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
Street454Beatdown wrote:
get a 318

cant be f*cked with

318 bend like noodles, get a 409 and ride your bike...

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
mattyoungpow wrote:
Street454Beatdown wrote:
get a 318

cant be f*cked with

bend like noodles? they are the same fork with different spring types.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 13:45 Quote
no the 409 has a alu steer tube.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 23:46 Quote
409 are made a cheeses n krakas

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 1:42 Quote
jeff lenosky used pikes in nwd 6 i think
and ive got some and there good so there lol

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 14:11 Quote
mattyoungpow wrote:
Street454Beatdown wrote:
get a 318

cant be f*cked with

wtf??? same thing one's just lighter with air spring and other bit more heavy, 318 is a street killer and 409 super nice Dirt Jump fork

Posted: Mar 29, 2008 at 14:49 Quote
manitou are the lightest out there for reasonable value but if you wanna pay rediculous money for weight loss and go with fox forx then they'll be lighter ive got argyle 409's which are solo air sprung and they are pretty light too

Posted: May 17, 2012 at 18:02 Quote
-pie- wrote:
m3hl wrote:
-pie- wrote:
pike= allmountain
36= freeride
float= freeride

you are right... if you dirt jump with a Pike it wont work...(sarcasm)

Just because something has a label on it doesnt mean you cant use responsibly for other applications... Plenty of my friends all run XC forks on their bikes because they are not hacks.
im not saying it wont work for it, im saying if its not built for it, then it wont perform as well as something made for that type of riding
it wont perform as well...it'll perform better

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.034167
Mobile Version of Website