How do you carry a spade?

PB Forum :: Trail Building
How do you carry a spade?
Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 1:14 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
madeinchinamyass wrote:
Im not lying when i say this but its not that hard to figure out a way to carry a freaking spade on a bike the people who start threads like this must be complete dumbasses, (its called problem solving) You guys might want to try it before you start piontless threads.
THINK ABOUT IT!!

yeh man gotta agree, it f*cking not hard

Obviously everyone in this thread knows how to use their hands. What the OP was looking for were the original, creative, or lesser known ways to carry a spade. Obviously people hadn't seen the Dakine bag so everyone learned something there.

Threads don't all have to be retardedly serious or riddled with technical questions.

It's more like. One day you're riding to your jumps carrying your spade and you start thinking. How else does everyone do this? Maybe in the UK they do some crazy shit. You never know.

Posted: Sep 4, 2008 at 3:12 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
madeinchinamyass wrote:
Im not lying when i say this but its not that hard to figure out a way to carry a freaking spade on a bike the people who start threads like this must be complete dumbasses, (its called problem solving) You guys might want to try it before you start piontless threads.
THINK ABOUT IT!!

yeh man gotta agree, it f*cking not hard
yeah but if you youv'e got to ride
on trails that are rough as its not that easy,i like the idea of putting the spade
in a sling and carrying it across your back,fold up army shovels are ok if the ground is soft,otherwise they bend

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 0:57 Quote
derekt wrote:
Notorious-J wrote:
DAKINE BUILDERS PACK:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll132/Notorious-J/DakineBUILDERSPACK.jpg?t=1219363823
I love you

i dont feel like riding with a chainsaw on my back, it would be heavy as all sh!tBig Grin

Posted: Sep 5, 2008 at 1:12 Quote
its so fricken simple, just put your bar through the handle and the other end over ur shoulder

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
through the straps on my bag so the head of spade on on my head

Posted: Sep 6, 2008 at 15:52 Quote
hook the handle through the loop on the top of your bag so the head of the spade is near your head then strap it to your bag to hold it tight just be careful not to catch your head on itJoker

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 4:38 Quote
jackalope14 wrote:
in your hand?
lmao Whip Moon any better ideas?

Posted: Sep 7, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
well you could strap it to your frame Blank Stare

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 6:24 Quote
you could go to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardy and learn how to levitate your spade LOL

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 6:38 Quote
robyhsb wrote:
you could go to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardy and learn how to levitate your spade LOL
if i could go to hogwarts i'd just get hagrid
to build everthinglol

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
igofastdh wrote:
derekt wrote:
Notorious-J wrote:
DAKINE BUILDERS PACK:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll132/Notorious-J/DakineBUILDERSPACK.jpg?t=1219363823
I love you

i dont feel like riding with a chainsaw on my back, it would be heavy as all sh!tBig Grin
depends on the chainsaw,mines pretty light

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 6:42 Quote
wolfenstien wrote:
its so fricken simple, just put your bar through the handle and the other end over ur shoulder
mmmmm yeah and when you stack just decapitate yourselfEek

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 6:56 Quote

Shovel across the back, blade down. If you're gonna be out for a while you may want to invest in a shoulder pad. I did 10 miles with it once and my shoulder was getting a bit sore by the end.

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 7:06 Quote
i put mine in my bad head down where a laptop should go then zip it up and tied the zips together with bungee so it doesnt come out.and then wear my helmet or it kees hitting me on the back of the head!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.042001
Mobile Version of Website