for dh racing..handle bars low rise high rise..which is better?

PB Forum :: Downhill
for dh racing..handle bars low rise high rise..which is better?
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 16:31 Quote
hey ya i found a good deal on the e70 on ebay..38$$canadian they are low rise and whide thanks for all the help guys

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 19:34 Quote
SingletrackSim wrote:
Sunline do some nice 27" low rise bars and RaceFace do the Atlas too if you go down that root.

28" actually. And most recently, a 29". Same sweep and rise as the 28", just a tad longer. And they actually aren't 28" or 29", they are a tad longer.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
I just got some Gravity lite carbon bars (low rise) and i really like the feel alot i had hi rise before but it feels like i can move the bike around a little bit better with the low rise im just wodering how it would be on steep stuff and jumps?

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 21:18 Quote
I'm runnin the Sunline 29" bars, with the E.13 Integrated stem, On a Boxxer, On a shocker. I'm super pleased with the rise, and sweep, and width of the bars. My vote would go there, I ran some atlas last season and although they were very nice bars, the Sunlines are wider AND lighter. And better looking. AND Cheaper. My 2 cents.

Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
Does a low rise bar make to go down steep stuff

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
It depends on the Geo. of your bike, riding style, and a bunch of things. Lower rise bars will put your weight more towards the front of the bike, so if you find yourself having to lean forewards to keep traction on steep decents, yes it does make it easier. Also good for steeps is a slightly longer stem. On my shocker, on super steep stuff I do find myself having to purposely weight the front tire to maintain traction. I'm going to adjust the reach of my stem to correct this, (E.13 Ali) and I'll be laughing on the next steep.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:15 Quote
This is all preference. I find my 27" bars are wide enough. Wider than that, I feel awkward.

Posted: Apr 25, 2008 at 10:18 Quote
Fubar OS and OSX:

The cleverly named Fubar OS and OSX will be matched up with the Eighty Eight stem. Both bars are constructed with 7075 grade alloy. The OS features 35mm of rise, 5 degree up sweep, and a 7 degree bend, while the OSX has a 25mm rise, an 8 degree sweep and comes in a 30 inch width. Some lucky racers will be running these this year. Oddly enough, the Fubar weight's 274 grams, and the Fubar OSX is 284 grams, both which are respectable weights.
photo

Thats what you want, Im running a set and I love them and they are super stiff and light!

Posted: Apr 22, 2017 at 2:36 Quote
What does the specialized status 1 2014 Low-RIse DH Handlebars translate too in numbers? What is the rise in numbers? Anyone know?

Posted: May 19, 2017 at 23:40 Quote
Completely dependent on you height/reach/ body size/ personal preference
But IMO if possible choose a low rise bar for more stiffness and strength/ slightly lower weight and go for an increase in stack height to achieve the height.
( Gives you more flexibility with future adjustments and makes the resale value of the fork much higher because of the longer steertube , if that even matters nowadays)

Posted: May 22, 2017 at 15:10 Quote
natem46 wrote:
What does the specialized status 1 2014 Low-RIse DH Handlebars translate too in numbers? What is the rise in numbers? Anyone know?

Specialized, low-rise, 7050 alloy, 780mm wide, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 31.8mm

27mm

Posted: Sep 17, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
r1otis wrote:
natem46 wrote:

Specialized, low-rise, 7050 alloy, 780mm wide, 8-degree backsweep, 6-degree upsweep, 31.8mm

27mm

Thanks man! Lol long time since this post!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015966
Mobile Version of Website