Manitou Revox vs Cane Creek double barrel

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Manitou Revox vs Cane Creek double barrel
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 5:10 Quote
If you head unlimeted money to spend on rear shock and you head the choice between a Manitou Revox and a Cane Creek double barrel what would you chose.

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:05 Quote
i think its obvious. CCDB all the way

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:06 Quote
you'd have to be a total dumbass to choose a revox

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
stryke wrote:
case closedlol

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
stryke wrote:

im not just saying this because i own a revox, but why? they are actually pretty good the adjust ability on the is amazing and they come stock with a Ti

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
theres a reason they call it manipoo

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:23 Quote
i reckon manitou have got it right with the revox, 6 way swinger (or what ever it was called) and the new gold lables, oh and the Nixions where alright, but the rest have a bit to be desired

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:44 Quote
fortbill wrote:
stryke wrote:

im not just saying this because i own a revox, but why? they are actually pretty good the adjust ability on the is amazing and they come stock with a Ti

you obviously haven't ridden a double barrel

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:47 Quote
stryke wrote:
fortbill wrote:
stryke wrote:

you obviously haven't ridden a double barrel

you would be right i havent, but in comparison with other shocks its pretty good, you gotta admit that

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:48 Quote
yes, the revox is a good shock, but revox against a double barrel? uh..yeah...

Posted: Mar 24, 2008 at 17:49 Quote
double barrel, but i want to try the vivid with a ti shock, they look really good for the money,, the 4.1 looks like a steal

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 0:28 Quote
actually on mtbr the revox get's better reviews than the double barrel.So the manitou revox shock makes a good reputation for manitou to be a great shock,no wonder manitou dropped there swinger coils series.

I love to try the cane creek shock maybe i upgrade it to my bike on 1 day.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 1:03 Quote
trekrules wrote:
actually on mtbr the revox get's better reviews than the double barrel.So the manitou revox shock makes a good reputation for manitou to be a great shock,no wonder manitou dropped there swinger coils series.

I love to try the cane creek shock maybe i upgrade it to my bike on 1 day.

yes it appears the DB lost the battle on MTBR......

Posted: Sep 8, 2008 at 17:15 Quote
If you own a Trek Session 10 or Intense M6 you should on purchase trade in the stock Manitou Revox shock for a Cane Creek Double Barrel. The Double Barrel and the Revox have the same dollar value as each other; however, the Revox is a continous purchase. It costs about 100$ everytime you send it in which for me was every 17 days. With the Double Barrel it is a pain to put on and has an annoying whooshe when you compress the shock beyond a certain point. Additionally, it is extremely hard to adjust; whereas, the Revox is easy to adjust, to install and does not make the annoying whoosheing sound. In conclusion I would ultimately recomend the Cane Creek Double Barrel and its never ending preformance (after you set it properly.)

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 13:33 Quote
another shock that is maybe better than revox is the swinger x6 intrinsic,my revox is broke but got it back from the lbs from repairing,i installing the revox with a 300lbs spring but it was to stiff for me and it doesn't feel rigth this way,it tried everything but it's good but not the best.Then iv'e installing the swinger x6 on my session 10 and it was a huge inprovement,it gets the bumps better,it sits better into it's travel.I now ride this shock for a month and i love it,same adjustments and damping and a litle heavy'r but the preformence is much better than the revox.

Don't get me wrong about the swinger,the revox is a ace shock but i'm a ligth rider that weigth's 119lbs or less,so for my weigth the swinger suites me better than the revox on my bike and i like it that way.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011793
Mobile Version of Website