What next

PB Forum :: Downhill
What next
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
Thats a bighit front end right....(soz if that is stupidly obvious!)
(bike on first page)

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
na it was design by some dude in china i think he was going to copy a scott , it look like it a little bit , but frankly its a sloid little frame thats is very cheap if i was to sell this bike i would sell as a full bike for like 900$ new with fox fork ans rear shox

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
I know you couldn't officialy sell it in the US and probably not in Canada because the links would violate the VPP patent. Just enjoy it and maybe sell a couple to friends off the books. I'd expect it to build up to 42-45 lbs cuz the frame is 5 lbs heavier than mine. I'm sure you could ride it for a while and build a refined "version 2" that would be lighter. I'm curious if you did some serious analizing of shock rate and wheel travel to design the links or if your just doing trial and error. Looks like a fun project, have fun.
P.S. Can you give us geo numbers, I'm just curious.

Edit: On the vertical swingarm brace you may want to put some rubber on to quiet chain slap like this:
https://ep5.pinkbike.org/photo/1811/pbpic1811679.jpg

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
thansk for the suggestion here some geo
head angle 71 on frame 66 on ground
seat angle 72
top tube lenght 22.1inch long
bb height 13.5
maximum fork height 8 inch stroke
cheers and thanks again

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 20:16 Quote
Not to hurt your feelings or anything but this thing you made is ghetto. 100%.
I mean i understand what you're trying to do by making a bike that someone could buy cheap.. but you don't do that by welding a steel rear triangle to what looks like an alum monocoque front triangle. You do it through streamlining your logistics, R&D and your supply chain.

If you built this for yourself great, but don't sell it bro, otherwise your ass is going to get sued.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 20:21 Quote
URTs BLOW. They suck worse than any design ever.

Nice website about low budget time travel though....................................................................................................lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 5:19 Quote
of course there cheap ass frame but my goal is to see what the market wants to offer them a good value bike that dont blow anyone budget and is efficient on the mountain(wont break or worn out prematurly) china has a lot to offer and can be exploited to give the poeple some decent looking frame for DH but with certain compromise. this is what we have to deal with off course this one is just a trial and hasnt pass the judgement part so i wont order this one for sure i dont need a lot of people opinion to know what people wants to see i know by now that the intense lookalike is decent but the rear part need to be redone a little bit thats why im looking to make it out of aluminium.it will make the bike much lighter

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
doctorz wrote:
of course there cheap ass frame but my goal is to see what the market wants to offer them a good value bike that dont blow anyone budget and is efficient on the mountain(wont break or worn out prematurly) china has a lot to offer and can be exploited to give the poeple some decent looking frame for DH but with certain compromise. this is what we have to deal with off course this one is just a trial and hasnt pass the judgement part so i wont order this one for sure i dont need a lot of people opinion to know what people wants to see i know by now that the intense lookalike is decent but the rear part need to be redone a little bit thats why im looking to make it out of aluminium.it will make the bike much lighter

You've failed on all counts. The whole bike is an abortion. It's beyond help. It looks NOTHING like an Intense. If you make it out of aluminum it'll be an even bigger piece of crap. weight is not the problem here. You want to know what kind of simple suspension bike people will buy? How bout a 160mm single pivot with greasable needle bearings. Make it out of steel.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:07 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
doctorz wrote:

You've failed on all counts. The whole bike is an abortion. It's beyond help. It looks NOTHING like an Intense. If you make it out of aluminum it'll be an even bigger piece of crap. weight is not the problem here. You want to know what kind of simple suspension bike people will buy? How bout a 160mm single pivot with greasable needle bearings. Make it out of steel.

Please oh mighty one, who seems to be the know all of bike workmanship, show us pics. of YOUR master piece.......You are a f**ing idiot!!! tired of jackasses like you who simply pleasure themselves buy putting down other people'sReally Mad work, you want to share your knowledge with practical criticism, buy all means if not just shut your trap

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:12 Quote
The guy is trying to market a URT walmart bike with a fox fork on it. He doesn't seem to be getting the point. IMO anyone that goes out of their way to get the point across is doing him a HUGE favor.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:20 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
The guy is trying to market a URT walmart bike with a fox fork on it. He doesn't seem to be getting the point. IMO anyone that goes out of their way to get the point across is doing him a HUGE favor.

I believe this discussion is about the bike on the first page, not the walmart lookalike.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:24 Quote
chrisinmontreal wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
doctorz wrote:

Please oh mighty one, who seems to be the know all of bike workmanship, show us pics. of YOUR master piece.......You are a f**ing idiot!!! tired of jackasses like you who simply pleasure themselves buy putting down other people'sReally Mad work, you want to share your knowledge with practical criticism, buy all means if not just shut your trap

No offence to you dude but David knows what hes talking about man!! Read his other posts and a matter of fact most of his posts make sense.. I personally learn quite abit from the information guys like David post and you should too... All David is doing is giving constructive critism.. You and Dr.Z should treat it like so... And Dr.Z should improve his design accordingly.. Also My personal opinion on the bike is im kind of weary about the top swing link looks abit on the weak side... Also why not go with Bearings instead of bushings???? They are widely available through automotive parts retailers and the cost for bulk is relatively cheap!!! Anyways thats my take! PEACE!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:27 Quote
dear DavidMakalaster
i did take your hint ND SAY CLEARLY IM NOT GOING TO MARKET A UNIFIED REAR TRIANGLE BIKE THIS ONE I SHOWED here is mine alone not a future frame but the intense look alike will see completion soon and when i speak to my chinese representant i will have them manufacture it , so be it its my decision i have too many kid writting to me regarding this frame i think ive encounter succees there , if you see a good reason why i should not go on tell me why because ive work my ass off on this , if im to withdraw from this endeavour i would need a substencial amount of cash to dether me from this. because i have invested too much onto this

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
read my other post saying what i'll do about all off the mention above also read the comments on the photo i do say i will remake the linkage the proper way and rear swingarm will be redone out of alu because it simpler and lighter. yes

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:31 Quote
Ok. I have some questions. What is the compression rate curve for the "intense look alike?" Do you have an animation of the axle path? Have you done FEA on any part of the bike?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014295
Mobile Version of Website