What next

PB Forum :: Downhill
What next
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:35 Quote
just get over it u wasted u money on a peice of shit

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
I think its a promising idea. But you gotta be realistic DOCTORZ. if you plan on selling any hand made bike to the public, in todays world you could get hit with a big lawsuit if one fails and hurts or kills someone. if you dont do proper research and testing it could be negligence on your part. also make sure you check your designs for patent infringement. the last thing you want is some major bike company coming after you with a bus full of lawyers. there is allot of red tape to go through for this to work. but keep at it. just protect yourself and set an example for other to follow, by doing it right!!!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:05 Quote
yes i know and no i did not made any Field experiment analisys , and yes i will sell this but i wont make the rear part myself but the entire bike made in china ( they do strength test on all bike before packaging) why not everyone else does it so why cant i offer a cheap look alike trhat work well once i get me frame made in china the bike will have been tested for me so all i have to do is sell them to whom ever wants one and by now i have a good review from a lot of kid with low budget who would love something like this wich was my goal from the beginning. so i guess i reach my goal in the end. ha!

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
im low budget and i wouldnt by that peice

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:10 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
Ok. I have some questions. What is the compression rate curve for the "intense look alike?" Do you have an animation of the axle path? Have you done FEA on any part of the bike?

If you think a Chinese company is going to do any real testing for you then you are insane. That is part of engineering. They do manufacturing a QC. That's it.

If you can't answer the questions I have just asked then go back to the drawing board before you hurt someone and waste money.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
show me a super market piece thats better than my copy , wal-mart have an old giant look alike that barely work, zellers has a scoot look alike that run a unified rear triangle , canadian tire use an outside source (kranked) that run a copy of the kona coiler, so what if i make a copy of an intense with low end budget bike parts with a double crown fork that would have something like 4 and 6 inch of travel for soemthing around 800$ for a full china bike with disk brake i already plan everything with my chinese rep and they sai it would be possible to have a full bike made for so cheap i could do it easely tell me wich super market bike would outdo my design.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:13 Quote
Here's a link to a successful low budget chinese frame importer. These guys are very good at exactly what you're talking about. Follow their example. http://www.harveycycles.com/

Shameless spam for a good shop owner too.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
the thing is that no1 wants to buy supermarket peices of shit that will break after 1 day of riding...

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:15 Quote
DavidMakalaster who do you work for anyway trying to bring me down , im not going to give up the selling parts it up to me and me alone no one can judge my work until they actually sit on my bike and rode it even me i dont know yet because i havent had time , this thread is not about what im going to do anyway its about what colour i should paint it and evalutate from first glence if its worht it nothing else

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
doctorz wrote:
show me a super market piece thats better than my copy , wal-mart have an old giant look alike that barely work, zellers has a scoot look alike that run a unified rear triangle , canadian tire use an outside source (kranked) that run a copy of the kona coiler, so what if i make a copy of an intense with low end budget bike parts with a double crown fork that would have something like 4 and 6 inch of travel for soemthing around 800$ for a full china bike with disk brake i already plan everything with my chinese rep and they sai it would be possible to have a full bike made for so cheap i could do it easely tell me wich super market bike would outdo my design.

Yes There aren't any for $800. That's because when you put decent parts on a Walmart frame it defeats the point. A more realistic price point for a DS bike is $1500. You're working on a hardtail budget.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:16 Quote
doctorz wrote:
DavidMakalaster who do you work for anyway trying to bring me down , im not going to give up the selling parts it up to me and me alone no one can judge my work until they actually sit on my bike and rode it even me i dont know yet because i havent had time , this thread is not about what im going to do anyway its about what colour i should paint it and evalutate from first glence if its worht it nothing else

I don't have to sit on a bike to know it's crap.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 11:19 Quote
well to me i work hard on this i was notified of the flaw about the rear wheel being close to the shox and will remedy to this before painting the frame, so i remain with my first plan i got my answer and once im in business and am able to have made a decent frame by qualified individuals like my chinese friends intense wont be the only one on the market .i will have my day in the sun as well ive work too hard on this to quit because someone i never meet says so.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:17 Quote
doctorz wrote:
well to me i work hard on this i was notified of the flaw about the rear wheel being close to the shox and will remedy to this before painting the frame, so i remain with my first plan i got my answer and once im in business and am able to have made a decent frame by qualified individuals like my chinese friends intense wont be the only one on the market .i will have my day in the sun as well ive work too hard on this to quit because someone i never meet says so.

You won't take advice that it's a bad idea from someone you don't know. You will, however, take advice to go ahead and invest money in a business venture with a great deal of liability associated from some 14 year olds that you don't know that can't afford a decent bike. I see. That makes sense.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
doctorz wrote:

tup

i like it. atleast your actually making things. who are all you guys to talk crap about what he's done, what have you done? he's put time and effort into that bike instead of getting mommy and daddy to blow $5000 on any bike you want even though you probably don't know jack about it.

good job, i thing it would kind of look good in a darker shade of green with the Travis in like a black or darker colour.

Posted: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
dude loving the frame but i do not like the rear triangle i think its ugly with that beast of a metal plate on it maby if you like made the rear like more normall looking like yea i dunno how to explain it but nice cept fer that

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015462
Mobile Version of Website