The Pimple/Acne Thread

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
The Pimple/Acne Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:46 Quote
This sport involes sweating...lots of it. And what evil thing can spring up because of it? Acne.

Post up your remedies, stories, or anything involving those red buggers that show up on first dates.

I'll start. I've suffered from acne for years now, but it was stationed only in a small patch on my chest and back. No biggie, right? Well the beginning of this school year has brought on some spreadage...I don't know what caused it. Possibly increased testosterone levels? Jailbreak

Regardless, the patch on my chest spread to the one on my back, and in recent weeks, it's crawled up the neck. What's a guy to do? I started taking Sulphur derivatives because I heard that worked. I tried natural remedies like honey and vinegar, but had no luck with that. Even products that you see on TV or on the shelves, but they didn't work either. I researched it a bit and discovered retinol, a derivative of vitamin A, and I had been taking vitamin A pills for a couple weeks now. I stopped for a week because of march break: vitamin a + drinking = not good, since they both go straight to the liver, so that's my reason for stopping.

After march break I started up again, but this time I broke out like mad. That was the last draw, so accutane starts today.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:48 Quote
i disagree... sweating cleans out your pores... just make sure you shower before it re-absorbs... saunas are real good for this too...

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
lilwalters wrote:
i disagree... sweating cleans out your pores... just make sure you shower before it re-absorbs... saunas are real good for this too...

bigquotesPeople who experience hyperhidrosis may also notice that increased sweating affects their acne. Up to 20% of sufferers notice that their acne flares up after excessive sweating. The most probable cause of acne in these patients is a result of water swelling an already existing obstruction in the hair duct which in turn causes a complete blockage and inflammation.

http://www.hyperhidrosis.us/acne.php

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:51 Quote
Some people are just simply more prone to it than others. I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but if you eat alot of fatty foods, sugar and such, you'll have an increased risk of an outbreak.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
Might sound lame, I've noticed about sweating making it worse too, so I stopped wearing caps which reduces sweat around my head, furthermore if you just take a lemon, squeeze it out and put the juice of it over your acne spots it'll become smoother (very fast too).

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
ya, everyone's different, the sauna got me through my bad times... you may have to find your own way...

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:57 Quote
I found not eating chocolate really helped my skin clear up and drinking more water. Although i'm not sure about the water... but sweating, well you can't help it can you?

But yeah, no sweets or chocolate! Big Grin

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 15:59 Quote
Lindsay-Lou wrote:
I found not eating chocolate really helped my skin clear up and drinking more water. Although i'm not sure about the water... but sweating, well you can't help it can you?

Yeah, water actually does help, and no sweets or chocolateJail .

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
Some people are just simply more prone to it than others. I'm not sure if this is 100% true, but if you eat alot of fatty foods, sugar and such, you'll have an increased risk of an outbreak.
ya i sweat alot,biking hockey,i eat mcdonalds so much i love chocolate and in just never got it

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
I ended up with a small scar beside my chin from my helmet strape. It is biking in the summer and hockey in the winter. I also work and have to wear a mask so I get a small ring around my nose/chin/mouth. Just got to keep it clean.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
dhrunner wrote:
Lindsay-Lou wrote:

Yeah, water actually does help, and no sweets or chocolateJail .

What's life without chocolate Eek

Besides, if you do happen to get the odd spot, putting a bit of toothpaste on it overnight drys it right up, or you can dab a bit of vinegar on it in the daytime - works everytime Smile

Just remember to wash it off your face in the morning Razz

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
Calyx123 wrote:

Besides, if you do happen to get the odd spot, putting a bit of toothpaste on it overnight drys it right up, or you can dab a bit of vinegar on it in the daytime - works everytime Smile

Hmm... well i don't like chocolate much anyway... but i've never found those methods worked either... i just had to become i healthier person, which i feel better about anyway, Yay! Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
i feel so special i never get acne:P yay me

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
Lindsay-Lou wrote:
Calyx123 wrote:

Hmm... well i don't like chocolate much anyway... but i've never found those methods worked either... i just had to become i healthier person, which i feel better about anyway, Yay! Smile

Saying that I do always drink at least 2ltrs of water a day... Apparently it helps wash toxins out of your body and skin, as I'm sure you've found Smile

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
I tried alot of stuff... oxy, clean and clear, benzagel, even proactiv, and nothing really did it for me. then i decided to take an appointment with a dematologist and he prescribed me a soap, a pill and a cream and so far its working absolutly amazing.

oil is what blocks pores creating an infection aka pimple. it's important to wash your face often but i think super strong stuff that dries out your face is not a very good idea. For me what worked the best before this precription stuff was straight up rinsing my face twice a day with water. I have a feeling that your skin gets used to certain products after a while and it becomes useless.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012035
Mobile Version of Website