The Pimple/Acne Thread

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
The Pimple/Acne Thread
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 7:25 Quote
mr-eric wrote:
i have a bit of acne on my fore head, i talked to my docter and he said it was mostly caused by stress (not riding enough). usually my acne disappers during summer and winer break caouse i go to th skate park every day and go to whistler every weekend
I hate to tell you but the lose of stress wont cause zits to go away more than likely because your outside the sun clears them up by giving you some nive vitamin E and the sun also helps dry up the skin so theres less oil
I knwo the sun is what does it for me

Posted: Mar 25, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
hockeynut wrote:
mr-eric wrote:
i have a bit of acne on my fore head, i talked to my docter and he said it was mostly caused by stress (not riding enough). usually my acne disappers during summer and winer break caouse i go to th skate park every day and go to whistler every weekend
I hate to tell you but the lose of stress wont cause zits to go away more than likely because your outside the sun clears them up by giving you some nive vitamin E and the sun also helps dry up the skin so theres less oil
I knwo the sun is what does it for me
yeah that makes sense too

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
autograph wrote:
From last november to april i was on accutane. Boy i tell ya, rough couple of months to start with (any one who has taken it knows what im talking about) Cleared me right up for about the lenght of the summer then once school stated they just kinda creeped back into my life... with a venganceEek ! Now i really don't want to take another course of accutane. Has any one tried the pro activ product, the one with the jessica simpson add, or anything else that has worked for them?

ya i have that pro activ stuff and it works mad good but if you use it to much then it could dry your skin out and it gave me these couple of pimples on my chin and they have been here for like 2 week now and it is just almost gone.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
read this it will help you this was rushed so sorry for any bad english

i have had acne for 3 years now in 18 now hoping it will begin to subside but i have been on lots of medications and at the moment are on Benzol peroxide 5%. it worked really well for bout a year, but then my skin got dry especially in winter and this would make me exfoliate like every day to stop dead skin. but this would dry my skin more and although it wasnt flakey it was really tight.

because of all this i found the best way to care for acne skin. wash your face with olive oil. it is anti inflamitory, anti oxidant, doesnt clog pores, and will moisturze your skin and not remove oil. the fact that it doesnt strip skin of oil means the skin doesnt need to overproduce oil, and the fact that it doesnt dry skin means there is no dead skin to clog pores. acne gone

i still use BP for security but olive oil works, just look it up in google, and i dont say i had acne like a few pimples beacause i had really bad cystic acne.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 13:22 Quote
really bad cystic acne? sounds like you should be on accutane..

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
give zinc ointment a try. I tried that for about 3 week and i noticed significant changes with my pimples. Also use cold water when washing your face behind when warm water is used with a cream, it doesn't react as well or something like that :S

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 23:36 Quote
Accutane will work but it will only get you so far.
when I had it all over my face I would hold my head under water for as long as I could hold my breath. It would clean everything very well. I would repeat as much as I had time and over a few days It cleaned everything out very well.

The most important thing I found is keeping clean. I have to shower right after my sports. clean shirt every day. and pillow cases are changing sheets are very important if you don't sleep with a shirt on.

I really hated using accutane. It dries out your skin and it cracks and I had to use moisterizers *eghck*

REMEMBER TO KEEP CLEAN

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 5:23 Quote
accutane can cause hair loss and my doctor has always avoided it but olive oil is working

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 11:24 Quote
nosirrom wrote:
Accutane will work but it will only get you so far.
when I had it all over my face I would hold my head under water for as long as I could hold my breath. It would clean everything very well. I would repeat as much as I had time and over a few days It cleaned everything out very well.

The most important thing I found is keeping clean. I have to shower right after my sports. clean shirt every day. and pillow cases are changing sheets are very important if you don't sleep with a shirt on.

I really hated using accutane. It dries out your skin and it cracks and I had to use moisterizers *eghck*

REMEMBER TO KEEP CLEAN

you should be moisturizing everyday anyway..

Posted: Dec 3, 2009 at 11:58 Quote
yeh exactly you should always moisturise drying your skin out as most acne washes do from over the counter are useless they dry your skin out causing dead skin and strip your skin of oil making it produce more than needed to compensate. essentially acne washes cause acne thats how they make their money. ys accutane drys skin out but it also decreases your oil production and sheds skin quiker so doesnt cause acne.

Posted: Dec 14, 2009 at 22:40 Quote
If your healthy with no health problems and you react to normal drugs, accutane will basically have it all gone within 6 months. Make sure you follow the rules though, like no drinking - I got all shittered one night on it and I had - without getting into details - problems.

If you get bad effects from drugs, maybe be careful but I'd still recommend it if you have genuinely bad acne. If you're just bitchy over a few zits that you think might just scare away the girls that are out of your league anyways (maybe the boys...) then stay away.

Other things can help but there's only one cure.

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
I havnt read the whole thread but Im sure it would of come up, I find that spending time in the sun clears up pimples real good. Getting sun burnt gets rid of them in a few days but if you dont want to get burnt just spend 10-15 mins in the sun each day.
Mine went real quick plus I got a mean tan. Win win situation. Smile

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 11:46 Quote
yeh i found when i went to paris my skin completely cleared within the week. before i went it was as bad as its been for years. i think its the humidity in the air as much as the sun that heps keep pores open and stop them clogging.

by the way i have found an awesome way to get rid of spots and the scars at the same time. i was looking at the oil cleansing method which helps lots of people, so i tried it howeveri was still getting spots ( look at oile cleansing method and compare difference with my method). i found that it is better to wash face with hot water then rub in the castor/olive oil mix for like a few mins ( you can feel the dead skin and blockages on your hands after doing this as castor oil pulls it off the skin) then leave it for 5 mins then wash again with hot water and moisturise i se garnier pure a moisturizer which is the only one i will use. if you use it yourself youll know why. this method essentially stops over production of oil because it isnt stripped from the skin, and gets rid of blockages and anything that may block.

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 11:52 Quote
it will work better when you wash with warm/hotter water as it will open the pores so the oil or whatever youre using can penetrate better

Posted: Dec 22, 2009 at 17:01 Quote
warm water is the best thing to use. and the longer you use it the more effective it becomes.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015162
Mobile Version of Website