Truvativ HammerSchmidt: your ideas and rumors

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Truvativ HammerSchmidt: your ideas and rumors
Previous Page |
Author Message
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:04 Quote
I was just reading about the Truvativ HammerSchmidt and some of its possible 'Revolutions'
http://www.chinamtb.com/2008/03/25/join-the-revolution-truvativ-hammerschmidt/

I'm quite interested in the idea of an internal gear bottom bracket, but it would be too much for such a small space.

Another idea could be the universal gearbox

How about a belt drive?

Your ideas?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:10 Quote
it sound's good but i would dismiss your idea of a belt drive since the belt itself is part carbon and is always 1 piece so you would have to cut the frame to fit it, i will be on the edge of my bike saddle until this product is revealed lol but until then i will have doubt's since truvative is not exactly 'high end'

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:12 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
it sound's good but i would dismiss your idea of a belt drive since the belt itself is part carbon and is always 1 piece so you would have to cut the frame to fit it, i will be on the edge of my bike saddle until this product is revealed lol but until then i will have doubt's since truvative is not exactly 'high end'
Your right didn't even think about how you would fit a belt drive when I posted that. Ok so thats out of the question.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:16 Quote
dirtbagscratch wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
it sound's good but i would dismiss your idea of a belt drive since the belt itself is part carbon and is always 1 piece so you would have to cut the frame to fit it, i will be on the edge of my bike saddle until this product is revealed lol but until then i will have doubt's since truvative is not exactly 'high end'
Your right didn't even think about how you would fit a belt drive when I posted that. Ok so thats out of the question.
i only remember it from an mbuk article on a orange p7 with belt drive, surprisingly there is no chain growth and no oiling needed plus they are good for over 12 year's, im on it to e-mail truvative for some insight on their system because im intrigued to know moreBook Geek

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
Great let me know if you get anything, this is going to bug me all day

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:19 Quote
I keep looking at the Tshirt of the guy with the mustache. Is that a hint to what Sram/Truvativ are up to?

http://www.chinamtb.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/truvativ-hammerschmidt-revolution.jpg

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
dhpete93 wrote:
dirtbagscratch wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
it sound's good but i would dismiss your idea of a belt drive since the belt itself is part carbon and is always 1 piece so you would have to cut the frame to fit it, i will be on the edge of my bike saddle until this product is revealed lol but until then i will have doubt's since truvative is not exactly 'high end'
Your right didn't even think about how you would fit a belt drive when I posted that. Ok so thats out of the question.
i only remember it from an mbuk article on a orange p7 with belt drive, surprisingly there is no chain growth and no oiling needed plus they are good for over 12 year's, im on it to e-mail truvative for some insight on their system because im intrigued to know moreBook Geek

a belt drive would be awesome, it wouls be lighter and alot cleaner. i seen prototype pics from chris king haveing one.

and for cutting your frame, you could probly put the belt on the same way a track on a skidoo is put on.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:20 Quote
dirtbagscratch wrote:
I keep looking at the Tshirt of the guy with the mustache. Is that a hint to what Sram/Truvativ are up to?

http://www.chinamtb.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/truvativ-hammerschmidt-revolution.jpg

Sorry heres the picture I mean

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.chinamtb.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/truvativ-hammerschmidt-revolution.jpg

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:22 Quote
williampieroway wrote:
dhpete93 wrote:
dirtbagscratch wrote:

Your right didn't even think about how you would fit a belt drive when I posted that. Ok so thats out of the question.
i only remember it from an mbuk article on a orange p7 with belt drive, surprisingly there is no chain growth and no oiling needed plus they are good for over 12 year's, im on it to e-mail truvative for some insight on their system because im intrigued to know moreBook Geek

a belt drive would be awesome, it wouls be lighter and alot cleaner. i seen prototype pics from chris king haveing one.

and for cutting your frame, you could probly put the belt on the same way a track on a skidoo is put on.

How do you put a belt on a skidoo?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:27 Quote
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,635179379,00.html

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:30 Quote
Evol wrote:
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,635179379,00.html
I just get an error page. What is it?

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
For some reason the link function is not working properly!?!?!
try this one: http://forum.iamrider.com/3-Nouvelles-News/t740-Truvativ-HammerSchmidt.html and then you can also follow the link from there.

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:33 Quote
Evol wrote:
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,635179379,00.html
Maybe.... LOL

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:34 Quote
here you have to copy and paste since hyperlinking it just complcates it and doesnt work
http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,635179379,00.html

Posted: Mar 25, 2008 at 17:35 Quote
Evol wrote:
For some reason the link function is not working properly!?!?!
try this one: http://forum.iamrider.com/3-Nouvelles-News/t740-Truvativ-HammerSchmidt.html and then you can also follow the link from there.
Actually looking at it here it looks pretty small. Would easily fit on a bike.

Previous Page |

 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017679
Mobile Version of Website