Giant STP for freeriding?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Giant STP for freeriding?
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
The STP can handle it all. I rode everything on it for three years. DH, light freeride, dirtjumps, street, park. Anything. They're a very good, very light hardtail. If only they made them with horizontal drop outs...

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
I know, SorryRedface I have a STP1 2008 and its a very good bike. With a DJ1!! Nice bike. But me i do just street with my bike. I not do freeride or dirt jump. But north shore is awsome!! I have built north shore the past summer and i wait for the snow getting out to do a video of me and my friend at the north shore. In 1 month, maybe, i will do a video of me!!

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 8:55 Quote
I had An Stp At on point it didnt do to well on the trail. The fork was more of a dj street fork (short travel)

Get an stp but change the fork i recommed the pike thats what i have on my specialized pitch its a great fork

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 9:57 Quote
I have a stp. But i only do street. Trail is boringFrown

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 10:13 Quote
The Minute's a trail fork, and pretty often seen on 4x courses. My bud's got a Foes 4x with one. I wouldn't suggest anything with a 9mmQR. Go 20mm, Pike's an amazing fork.

Posted: May 3, 2008 at 16:28 Quote
it would work for downhill. In fact, my buddy reid used it for downhill and he said it handled great.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 5:14 Quote
I have a dirt jumper 1 on my stp. I will not go do trail with this fork.

Posted: May 5, 2008 at 16:38 Quote
my bud has a dirt jumper 1 as well. He said it was fine. And he still hits big jumps. I guess it is up to you for what you want for your bike i am just saying that it wouldnt hurt the bike to do some trail riding with it.

Posted: May 6, 2008 at 5:09 Quote
I know its not gonna hurt the bike but i dont want to do trail with my bike.

O+
Posted: May 7, 2008 at 1:34 Quote
Decided to keep my DJ4 fork on till I have enough cash for a Pike.
Loving my STP so far! Should have bought one ages ago.
Here is a pic of me on a local shore style trial.

photo

Posted: Mar 26, 2014 at 11:30 Quote
I know this thread is really old but does anybody know whether an stp would take a 150mm fork without putting too much stress on the head tube?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010366
Mobile Version of Website