8 year olds at skateparks

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
8 year olds at skateparks
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:30 Quote
So toay i herd about a local skate park called los altos...gogle it it is albuquerque new mexico...i get there with mt mom and i experiment do a few 180's grinds etc...so then i see a dip into a concrete wall im not sure what it is called but it goes flat and then into a half circle with a tall ledge at the top...i get going about ohh 10-15 mph not fast at all go in to it and then a lllte kid on a skateboard pops outta now where an i hit him. he fell started screaming and my mom jumps in the bowl with me to help get him out when all of the sudden a the kids mom come yelling dont touch my kid!!!!and they get him out and i get out of the bowl and then the mom goes thanks for breaking my sons leg and starts walkng of...the all of the extended family yea aunts and mom and a bunch of cousins start saying thanks for breaking the leg....so get already to leave b/c my mom is freakng out and i getto the car and start pulling of my front wheel to put in my bke when the aunt comes harrisng me sayng there is no bycycles aloowed even thought the park has a sculpture of a bmx bike outside and she starts saying im older i need to look out and im to young to be at the skate park. Well im 13 and the kid waas 8. Who's to young to be atthe skatepark...cince im older im gonna take blame. The she calls the cops and starts taking down my plates of the car so i put my sweatshirt over it and she says move it and i norged....she starts going off again and im trying to stay calm and not go off b/c i dont want to sseem like a dick or make the sport look bad. but really what are your guys's opins on litle kids at parks.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:41 Quote
well it depends...if they are actually shreddin it up and riding, then its fine. but when i see little twerps with an attitude that would be better off riding on their driveway or jumping off curbs it pisses me off. the worst i've seen is kids playing tag in the middle of a park...so lame.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:47 Quote
ya i know what u mean bout the little kids...
but its true, if they are good and are actually doing stuff, its awsome.
but its even worse when they all come with their possy, and just stand at the top of the starting ramp. makes me so UGHHH

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
Its fine as long as they know how to ride the park.

But if they think that they can go anywere anytime and think people will move for them then they can leave or ride the park when its not busy.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:48 Quote
drewfunk wrote:
well it depends...if they are actually shreddin it up and riding, then its fine. but when i see little twerps with an attitude that would be better off riding on their driveway or jumping off curbs it pisses me off. the worst i've seen is kids playing tag in the middle of a park...so lame.
well the mother of this kid called the cops and went off on me...and i went back off on her and so on...the cops said just have a helmet next time and get brakes....now this kid was on a plastisc skateboard

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:51 Quote
people break legs at skateparks it happens. I wouldnt worry about it. I run over kids on purpose.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
yea i told her that any time your kid gets on the board he moight get hurt and she said well fuk you your older you need to watch were your going

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
dont worry, the police wont even do anything about it because its BS

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
well they got mad b/c i had my helmet in the car and not on my head....and becuase im older...they filed a compliant and the coper said if i see them there leave next time...i had the helmet in car b.c its my forst time there and i didn plan on getting crazy so i left it there i told him and he just said well at least make it look like i had it on and put arould my bars...

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:02 Quote
It happens, nothing new. You touch a mothers son and they'll flip. Little kids that don't know park etiquette are going to get hurt. Put two and two together and the outcome is your story.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
Gotta love the parents who bring their 10 year old kids to learn how to stand up on their rollerblades in the middle of the bowl...

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
there shoudl be age limits 8 years old is way to young and they should not try and pass off there responsibility onto you there fault they wernt watchin there kid there fault they took there little child to a skate park with is made of CONCRETE WITCH HURTS WHEN YOU FALL ON IT YOU DUMB BITCH WATCH YOUR KIDS NEXT TIME

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
hendu wrote:
there shoudl be age limits 8 years old is way to young and they should not try and pass off there responsibility onto you there fault they wernt watchin there kid there fault they took there little child to a skate park with is made of CONCRETE WITCH HURTS WHEN YOU FALL ON IT YOU DUMB BITCH WATCH YOUR KIDS NEXT TIME
now if the mom or dad was in the bowl i could understand but if not then...and she went off on me yet im 13 and my mom was 10 ft away and his mom was at leats 50+ feet away...also my mom freaked when i droped in and 180' out so....that kids mom freaked when she saw 20 bikers roll into the bow...and she still let her kid in....

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:08 Quote
ya especially if she started droppin f bombs sounds like a real great person.

Posted: Mar 27, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
oh yea set a good example for the youngins

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013243
Mobile Version of Website