Trails In Cambridge

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Trails In Cambridge
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 7:58 Quote
I think some people should get together and make a trial in Cambridge. Me and a friend are talking about it.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 11:59 Quote
yeah thatd be awesome i live near cambridge the one problem being theres no where to build it ha !

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 12:04 Quote
yeah its mostly flat round here.the cloest place is chicksands.i wanted to build one in peterborough but have'nt found a good location yet,not short of quarrys just they are all working quarrys.

Posted: Apr 6, 2008 at 13:27 Quote
If any1 finds a good place pls post it

Posted: May 11, 2008 at 7:43 Quote
once again...chalk pit? all u need is a shovel and some free time=))

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
yeah i guess if a dig was organised that would be good !

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 13:10 Quote
well i am finishing my GCSEs this thursday and i am planning to go out there at Saturday and try to figure out what can we do out there...i've got good speakers might bring some food 0_o ...few friends gonna come ...but no one of them really into biking...Milorida will try to come this Saturday...

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 13:13 Quote
CHALK PIT ---->
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm13/ttwcam/IMG_1989.jpg

Posted: May 13, 2008 at 13:17 Quote
These were in Histon only a couple of miles outside of Cambridge. But they got ploughed - and were very secret and the guys who made them didnt like outsiders turning up. That's often the problem - a lot of the really good UK trails are hidden because that's the only way to stop authorites or idiots ruining them. You have to build your own - but trail building season has just finished so...

photo

photo

Posted: May 14, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
are they still there?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 1:48 Quote
DynamicQ wrote:
are they still there?

No, they were levelled.

Some trails we built a couple of years ago still stand in a place called Wilburton. It's about 8-10 miles from cambridge. About 15 mins by car. They're by the cricket field/playpark, if you drive through the village along the main road, you cant miss them. We dont use them anymore because some new secret ones have been built - but the original ones are still standing and they're quite fun.

photo

photo

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 4:31 Quote
Dont spose theres any decent DH/Hardcore singletrack anywhere?

I really wanna huck Razz And my bike dont fit in my parents car so i cant get to chicksands as much as i'd like.

Abbey trails always has pikeys on it. I went there a while back and this dude phoned his mates to come down and try and nick my bike but i left before they could get there.

Isnt there a quarry in Cherry Hinton?

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 7:33 Quote
haroman666 wrote:

Isnt there a quarry in Cherry Hinton?
Erm...there is deffinetly a chalk pit...i dunno where the quarry is...see pic above in my post...and in my albums ...maybe it is the same thing we are thinking about ....

Well all i need is to bring my bike from my home country this year...will be really messy but just keeping thinking of all the fun stuff i can do on UK's european standart trails and jumps...even if i will need to make my parents to give me lifts...

LoL i used to almost to take my XC bike appart to fit it in the car =))) took me 40 mins to do that =((

Posted: May 15, 2008 at 7:36 Quote
haroman666 wrote:
Abbey trails always has pikeys on it. I went there a while back and this dude phoned his mates to come down and try and nick my bike but i left before they could get there.

hehehe dont bike there alone ...English gangsta kids are really funny they wont do anything to you if there is equal ammount of ur friends and them....they all really cowards =))) got really funny experience with that stuff =))

Posted: May 16, 2008 at 6:13 Quote
The dirt jumps at wilburton are well hard to hit on 26 wheels, couldnt seem to get the run up right. I know there are also dirt jumps behind abbey pool in cambridge but heard they are well sketchy.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016275
Mobile Version of Website