gt chucker forum

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
gt chucker forum
Posted: Jan 27, 2012 at 16:21 Quote
sarm34 wrote:
My GT chucker , total custom built , from frame up, frame was a second hand frame stripped resprayed red and lacquered, custom details added, and all parts brand new bar the forks, which are in mint condition.
spec is
Frame.... GT chucker was black sandblasted sprayed red and lacquered,
Forks... marzocci Dirt jumper2 100mm 20mm bolt thru
Shifters...Deore
Front mech.... XT
Rear mech.... XT
Seat post.... Kore T rail
Seat..... Kore T rail distance saddle
Bars...... DA Bomb apache riser 750mm
Grips.... The grip G-4 thin line white
Chain.... Shim hg93 9speed
Cassette.... Shim hg61 11-28
Headset..... FSA Orbit z no 9
Spacers...... Nukeproof headset spacers
Crank..... FSA gravitas maximus
Rims/spokes...... DTSwiss E540 with specialized hubs Red 20mm bolt thru front 15mm rear
Tyres.....Racing Ralphs
Brakes..... Skeletal white 185mm f/r
Pedals.... Gussett
Stem.... Raceface ride 100mm
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
let me know what you think :-)
Shorten the stem, put on a chain device.. Wide, flat pedals.. That's all I can say.. Oh, a shortcage DR and clean up the cables.. Everything else looks okay to me.. Smile

Posted: Jan 27, 2012 at 16:23 Quote
I'll post mine later.. It's got a lot of updated parts.. Smile

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 2:08 Quote
sarm34 wrote:
I like wide bars , just suits me betterSmile

I used to use 750s but I tried some 710 and they felt nice and that's what I run now

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 0:53 Quote
cheers fella. still a bit left to do on it but for all those who dont rate the chucker frame i'm a 16 stone guy and this thing takes everything i throw at it(i mean every fall i take from it lol)

Posted: Feb 1, 2012 at 7:34 Quote
Mine is only a play bike for when I go to my holiday home in Lincolnshire... There's a couple of bmx tracks there and it does the job fine

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
Nice ride lovefist, what travel have you got on the pikes ? I have an Xs1 and more travel would be great but can the frame take it ?

Posted: Feb 2, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
i have 140mm travel, u-turn adjustable with lockout. i've done some checking up and chucker frame is rated for 140mm max. with 140 i got a nice slack head angle but it still handles great.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 11:43 Quote
Great, thanks for that, i've got some Marz 140 travel forks that came off a Kona Dawg. I replaced them with some rock shox revelations which are much better. The Marz forks had a problem which was sorted by the importers so they may be good for the Chucker. The GT is a fun ride and deserves some upgrades.

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 11:36 Quote
Sorry to change the subject but what gearing for a XS2 i have 22t-16t bad to tiring and i want to use for jumping

also can you put bmx style cranks on it???

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/7729793/

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 at 13:25 Quote
2/1 is popular so you'd need a 11t rear sprocket. Yes your can put bmx cranks on as lOng as they are for 68/73mm frame, but you might need a new bottom bracket

Posted: Mar 16, 2012 at 10:22 Quote
here , my headset on my chucke xs1r is in bits and i need to buy a new one , any idea what type i need ,,, integrated or other ...???? cheers

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 at 12:15 Quote
picked this up today for £30, just something to have a mess around on, gonna swap the forks straight out though!
picked it up for 30 bargain

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021920
Mobile Version of Website