Who makes the best DH bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
Who makes the best DH bike
Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:29 Quote
fantaman wrote:
odin333 wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:

just from my expirence with it,it was really stiff i know that can be fixed but i much rather somthing like the 2010 boxxer or some 888.But thats just my personal prefference.

guy you ride a 2003 boxxer. trust me. the 2009 Boxxer forks are PLUSH. the 888's are bricks and have rebound problems.

888 are like cement blocks compaired to the 2010 boxxers.
and thats why its on my list

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:31 Quote
kona-rider69 wrote:
fantaman wrote:
odin333 wrote:

guy you ride a 2003 boxxer. trust me. the 2009 Boxxer forks are PLUSH. the 888's are bricks and have rebound problems.

ONCE AGAIN. the picture was before the 2010 Boxxers came out. if you went to your shop and ordered one, it would come with the 2010's.

if your saying a fork "sucks" because its stiff your wrong on so many levels. it ALL comes down to what spring/air pressure you have in it. of course if you run an x-firm spring its going to be stiff. you can't say its bad because your friend who has one has a stiffer spring or higher air pressure in it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:38 Quote
odin333 wrote:
kona-rider69 wrote:
fantaman wrote:

ONCE AGAIN. the picture was before the 2010 Boxxers came out. if you went to your shop and ordered one, it would come with the 2010's.

if your saying a fork "sucks" because its stiff your wrong on so many levels. it ALL comes down to what spring/air pressure you have in it. of course if you run an x-firm spring its going to be stiff. you can't say its bad because your friend who has one has a stiffer spring or higher air pressure in it.
i know but i dont like the fork that MY opinion not yours so you cant say im wrong

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
Lets lay down facts then.

2009 Boxxer = Lighter and the WC is cheaper than the RC3 WC. It also comes in more colours. It is also easier to service due to the massive amount of service tips and guides out there for Rockshox forks.

2009 888 = It's made by Marzocchi in Taiwan or where ever.. Take from that what you will.

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:47 Quote
gary1 wrote:
Lets lay down facts then.

2009 Boxxer = Lighter and the WC is cheaper than the RC3 WC. It also comes in more colours. It is also easier to service due to the massive amount of service tips and guides out there for Rockshox forks.

2009 888 = It's made by Marzocchi in Taiwan or where ever.. Take from that what you will.

Where's the Boxxer made?

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
ok so if you care about weight boxxer wins(but i ride a 2003 stinky and i dont care about weight)
vareity of colours boxxer wins
easy service boxxer wins
2009 888 way better feeling to me and id rather a fork that feels amazing then one thats more practical

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:50 Quote
I can't believe you cessed that post but whatever.

Anyway, do Rockshox suffer the obvious reliability issue that Marzocchi seem to be plagued with?

No...

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 14:55 Quote
gary1 wrote:
I can't believe you cessed that post but whatever.

Anyway, do Rockshox suffer the obvious reliability issue that Marzocchi seem to be plagued with?

No...

The Totem and Lyrik didn't have massive problems? Last I checked RS had dealt with many issues. Perhaps not the same amount as Marzocchi, but when on a same price comparison, it's about the same.

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
This thread is full of complete and utter fail.

Posted: Aug 17, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
windowlicker wrote:
This thread is full of complete and utter fail.

+1.

Locked.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014505
Mobile Version of Website