PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
should i get a kona dawg?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 15:00 Quote
XC and some dh. please help.Smile

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 11:21 Quote
Ye Good Bike Get a Deelux or suprme Mine is For Sale

Posted: Jul 10, 2008 at 11:23 Quote
absolutely not. i tried riding mine at Diablo Freeride Park, and highland mountain bike park. worst thing Ive ever done. don't get a kona.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Dawgs are great for XC not really a DH'r. If you want more of a DH that is awesome for XC look at the new coil-airs with magic link.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 15:38 Quote
I think it depends. I have a Kona Dawgma that i use in my area. Just getting into it and it works great for all sorts of different stuff, cross country, trail riding. Its good for climbing and I have tampered in some DH. Depends what you're going to be doing more of, I intend on dropping my seat down and doing some more DH with my dawgma but still mostly cross country. So I'd say yes if you're going to use more cross country and just test the DH sometimes, but if you're going to do more DH I'd look more at a Kona coiler. Just out of Kona's, I like mine though, great bike

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 15:54 Quote
I think it depends on how much you have to spend. You can find some great deals on year old kona's. If the deal is good go for it.

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 21:30 Quote
ctbiker888 wrote:
absolutely not. i tried riding mine at Diablo Freeride Park, and highland mountain bike park. worst thing Ive ever done. don't get a kona.
that is because its not a fr bike... anyway my dad has one and i ride it a lot they are good for what they are intended for: all mountain. you are gonna get a ton of kona-haters telling you no but they are decent imo so ride one for yourself and you will know then

Posted: Jul 13, 2008 at 23:16 Quote
I personally despise the geometry of the dawg but maybe that's just me...

Posted: Jul 21, 2008 at 21:15 Quote
no.... wouldn't ecommend it.

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 6:30 Quote
if your getting a kona for like downhill and xc get the coilair supreme it can do both!

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
Dawgs are not good for DH. Get a coilair. It can do both.

Posted: Sep 9, 2008 at 11:56 Quote
i always had it planned that my next bike would be a Dawg, after my dealer had me ride the coilair i was hooked. i've done 30km xc rides and riden freeride with the bike at it is awesome. the geometry on the dawg is strange. go for a coilair.

Posted: Aug 12, 2010 at 15:24 Quote
What is a great dh mnt bike for $1500-2000...?

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010801
Mobile Version of Website