Where to ride near Victoria, BC?!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Where to ride near Victoria, BC?!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:13 Quote
Hey guys i need some help finding places to ride in or near victoria and i would like to know any spots for mainly moderate fr/dh. Any help would be great and possibly some directions lol.
thanks alot

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
grant446 wrote:
Hey guys i need some help finding places to ride in or near victoria and i would like to know any spots for mainly moderate fr/dh. Any help would be great and possibly some directions lol.
thanks alot

ok..so victoria is pretty bad if you a pretty good dh er... i'd recommend broom hill for some sweet looking shit, and some gappers..ladders..but the must do..it Mt.Prevost in Duncan about an hour away from victoria..it's where they filmed Steve Smith in the new seasons film..it's the shit..you have to be shuttled but it's so worth it..like 20min up in a car..and just endless fun dh down to the bottom..lots of snow up there right now so it depends when your coming, let me know when your coming too. that or you can head up to Nanaimo and shred Hammerfest, or Rollercoaster..all great dh spots..or doumont just look them up on google and there will be some directions

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
i am actually driving up there tomorrow and we should be on the hill by monday and maybe even sunday
ericp11 wrote:
grant446 wrote:
thanks alot

ok..so victoria is pretty bad if you a pretty good dh er... i'd recommend broom hill for some sweet looking shit, and some gappers..ladders..but the must do..it Mt.Prevost in Duncan about an hour away from victoria..it's where they filmed Steve Smith in the new seasons film..it's the shit..you have to be shuttled but it's so worth it..like 20min up in a car..and just endless fun dh down to the bottom..lots of snow up there right now so it depends when your coming, let me know when your coming too. that or you can head up to Nanaimo and shred Hammerfest, or Rollercoaster..all great dh spots..or doumont just look them up on google and there will be some directions

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:23 Quote
hmmm thats a tough one, we just got dumped with some weird snow, i'm sure you know if your from washington. So alot of stuff is out. If you dirt jump i know there are some dirtjumps near teh University Of Victoria not sure where cause i've never been there..but around the campus in some park.. alot of those mountains are pretty much off limits right now.. mt.prevost will probably have like 2 feet of snow hammerfest has like 1 i was up there today.. so i would recommend maybe broom hill or the dirt jumps..not much in victoria

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:24 Quote
ericp11 wrote:
hmmm thats a tough one, we just got dumped with some weird snow, i'm sure you know if your from washington. So alot of stuff is out. If you dirt jump i know there are some dirtjumps near teh University Of Victoria not sure where cause i've never been there..but around the campus in some park.. alot of those mountains are pretty much off limits right now.. mt.prevost will probably have like 2 feet of snow hammerfest has like 1 i was up there today.. so i would recommend maybe broom hill or the dirt jumps..not much in victoria
whats this broom hill place like?

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:33 Quote
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/505/

don't tell anyone that i said that where that is...we don't like to reveal trails around here..lol but thats broom hill never been there but seen pics..and i'm positive thats it.. so i couldn't really tell you how to get to that trail but it's a sweet place

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:40 Quote
Try Hartland/ Mt. Work. It's okay, the good trails are at the top of the mountain, but you have to bike/walk up there. Go to www.simbs.com to get more info.

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
ericp11 wrote:
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/505/

don't tell anyone that i said that where that is...we don't like to reveal trails around here..lol but thats broom hill never been there but seen pics..and i'm positive thats it.. so i couldn't really tell you how to get to that trail but it's a sweet place
wow thats so sick now all i need is directions lol

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:42 Quote
auzzy-man wrote:
Try Hartland/ Mt. Work. It's okay, the good trails are at the top of the mountain, but you have to bike/walk up there. Go to www.simbs.com to get more info.

hartland isn't the jumpiest of all places though..

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:43 Quote
http://www.simbs.com/html/Where2Ride/broomhill.htm

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:46 Quote
ericp11 wrote:
auzzy-man wrote:

Well, there is Sofa King, although it's been 'closed down'. Haven't been up there in ages though, so I don't know what the condish of the jumps and overall trail.

Posted: Mar 28, 2008 at 22:49 Quote
auzzy-man wrote:
ericp11 wrote:
auzzy-man wrote:

Well, there is Sofa King, although it's been 'closed down'. Haven't been up there in ages though, so I don't know what the condish of the jumps and overall trail.
Where is sofa king if you remember at all?

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 22:59 Quote
grant446 wrote:
auzzy-man wrote:
ericp11 wrote:

Where is sofa king if you remember at all?
sofa king is about halfway up the mountain right by green ribbon

Posted: Dec 22, 2008 at 8:11 Quote
grant446 wrote:
thanks alot

there broom hill in sooke if you need derections message me

Posted: Mar 31, 2009 at 16:53 Quote
hey guys i am looking for a new place to ride either dirt jumps or street in victoria (or around) I already know about 911, vicwest skate park, highlands, apparently thetis got torn down, sooke skate park, langford skate park, sooke djs, and broom hill any suggestions?Big Grin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014750
Mobile Version of Website