Bikes and parts aren't overpriced at all.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bikes and parts aren't overpriced at all.
O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:35 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
stryke wrote:
it shouldnt even be 7100$

Here's a fact of life for everybody complaining, not everything out there is meant to be attainable by everyone. If it were, there would be no such thing as goals and aspirations.

If a company sold all of their bikes at cost, why would they continue in business?

If a company sold all of their bikes for the same or near the same price because they all obviously cost approximately the same to make, why would people buy the low end bikes?

If any average joe could afford the best of the best, then it would no longer be the best. Then it would just be the average, correct?

Complaining about $7000 bikes is equally ridiculous as me complaining that Porsche doesn't offer a performance vehicle in my price bracket. If they did there would be no prestige that goes along with owning one.

Thank you! Damn communists.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:38 Quote
devonvig wrote:
says the canadian... XD

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:42 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:
says the canadian... XD

Every day I live with the shame of my Canadian-ness. As not to be a hypocrite, I try to avoid our publicly funded hospitals. Instead, I try to heal my own injuries with leeches and whiskey and some vicodin I made in my bathtub.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
devonvig wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:
says the canadian... XD

Every day I live with the shame of my Canadian-ness. As not to be a hypocrite, I try to avoid our publicly funded hospitals. Instead, I try to heal my own injuries with leeches and whiskey and some vicodin I made in my bathtub.
YES! The first Canadian to admit his country is Communist! I salute you in seeing the truth, my friend.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
says the canadian... XD

YES! The first Canadian to admit his country is Communist! I salute you in seeing the truth, my friend.

I really hope he was being sarcastic

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:46 Quote
scott-e wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:

I really hope he was being sarcastic

Nope. The vicodin's brewing right now. This batch is blueberry flavored.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:53 Quote
Well, I hope that works out for you when you go down on your $7000 bike.Wink

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 18:58 Quote
scott-e wrote:
Well, I hope that works out for you when you go down on your $7000 bike.Wink

I wish that I had a $7000 bike! Sadly, my 6 year career as a professional student have yet to pay sufficient dividends to afford one. My new Giant Reign X1 should be here this week. First new freeride bike in 3 years. I've heard Giant has a pretty good warranty too. God bless you noble Taiwanese welders.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 19:42 Quote
Sweet my reign x1 should be here this weekend tooCool i get to build it while working:P

But one thing that you guys that are comparing cars to bikes have to remember. When you are spending 7000$ on a bike, you are buying the ferrari of bikes, and you are buying brand new. If you spend less on a car than on a bike, you are definetly buying a used, old, cheap car, which would be comparable to a used, cheap bike from a big-box store such as canadian tire, which you would most likely pay 50$ or less for.
If you want the car equivalent of a 7000$ bike, you have to spend over 100,000$.
-Josh

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 6:37 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
Sweet my reign x1 should be here this weekend tooCool i get to build it while working:P

But one thing that you guys that are comparing cars to bikes have to remember. When you are spending 7000$ on a bike, you are buying the ferrari of bikes, and you are buying brand new. If you spend less on a car than on a bike, you are definetly buying a used, old, cheap car, which would be comparable to a used, cheap bike from a big-box store such as canadian tire, which you would most likely pay 50$ or less for.
If you want the car equivalent of a 7000$ bike, you have to spend over 100,000$.
-Josh

exactly what i was trying to say earlier. thank you for saying it in a less complicated way.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 7:00 Quote
Jeanie wrote:
-Josh
Wow, that puts it in perspective. For the price of 14 bikes, I could have a ferrari! Or for the price of 2 I could get a Vibe.......ewwww.....

Or from a different perspective again, one of those choices will get you a woman, while the other would cause most of us to loose one......

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:05 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
says the canadian... XD

I wonder what that would make the states....

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:16 Quote
sherbet wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
devonvig wrote:

An Oligarchy.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:19 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:

An Oligarchy.

I'm betting 98% of PB is going to need Wikipedia for that word. xD

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
sherbet wrote:
DavidMakalaster wrote:
sherbet wrote:

An Oligarchy.

I'm betting 98% of PB is going to need Wikipedia for that word. xD
You're right, I'm one of the 98% too. Oh, and DM, you're dead on.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.029896
Mobile Version of Website