Bracknell Swinley Forest

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Bracknell Swinley Forest
Posted: Jul 7, 2012 at 7:08 Quote
been their years they have just added jumps and built the berms up. looks good

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 1:05 Quote
anyone aware of what state the trails are in after this tropical weather weve been having?

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 8:37 Quote
I wouldn't mind finding that one out too I imagine a bit battered

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
fooboy86 wrote:
anyone aware of what state the trails are in after this tropical weather weve been having?

Im not entirely sure, but i imagine a snorkel wouldn't go amiss.

Posted: Jul 13, 2012 at 13:19 Quote
was like a river on tuesday lol popped down for couple hours to give my 24's their final ride

Posted: Aug 19, 2012 at 13:42 Quote
Anyone up Swinley next Sunday?

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 10:00 Quote
Hi,

I'm gonna be down Bracknell in a couple of weeks visiting a friend, was thinking of taking my bikes down and getting him out to try and coax him into taking up downhill.

Basically was wondering what this place is like as its only a short drive from where he lives. Are the downhill trails easy to find?

Also is it quite pedally? looks quite flat from some vids i seen on youtube but they can be misleading, I have a V10 and a Heckler which i was gonna let my mate ride, am i likely to be blowing out my arse on my V10?

Any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 11:52 Quote
If you don't know where you are going you could be pedalling round all day without finding one decent trail, it's not massive but it is pretty fun at times with few short runs. It will be more fun on the heckler I can say that much

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 12:13 Quote
Haha, sounds promising,

Is there anything round the area a bit more DH bike friendly?

Its sunday the 27th i'm planning on going down, i was kinda hoping to just follow people that looked as though they were heading to the more technical trails.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 12:22 Quote
There's Aston hill up the road which is much more suited to a dh bike or rogate which is a bit more of a playground both are about 30-40 miles out from Bracknell ish

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 12:46 Quote
I think i seen a video on here of that aston hill a while back, think it was called surface to air, looks really good there. possibly a bit much for my mate though, dont think he's even ridden a cycle for years, used to race motocross though so i'm hoping he'll pick it up quick enough. cheers for the help.

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 16:36 Quote
Try and hook up with someone from this thread to show you to a set of trails and just ride about around there

Posted: Jan 8, 2013 at 22:59 Quote
Yeah fair one.
If anyone is planning on heading there on sunday 27th Jan feel free to give me a shout, be good to tag along with someone that knows the area.

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 14:06 Quote
All if the places I mentioned can be ridden by a noob. Aston is enough to put you off for life if its wet, if you can get a " guide" then that would be good for swinley

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 at 14:13 Quote
maps for the site that swinley forest occupies are available throughout this thread. some more detailed than others. theyre fairly intuitive...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051538
Mobile Version of Website