I test rode these bikes. which one should I get? transition preston FR, and the Trek session 7 or transition bottle rocket

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
I test rode these bikes. which one should I get? transition preston FR, and the Trek session 7 or transition bottle rocket
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 14:56 Quote
kona3rider wrote:
t3kman wrote:
It doesn't matter what ones better it matters what one you feel best on
ya iknow. like i rode some kids supercycle and it felt better. so you are saying i should get the super cycle?
LOL no I'm not I'm sayin get the bike that feels the best that will be able to handle what your doin

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 14:57 Quote
if thats the bike you prefer
yes.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 14:59 Quote
dabomb666 wrote:
if thats the bike you prefer
yes.
no way. i would destroy that thing

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
you're f*cking dumb, if you test rode them all, then obviously one of them feels better than the rest to you. get that one. Madder

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:03 Quote
ya the trek had awesome handling but i need one with no dual crown fork

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:05 Quote
Why are u asking people what bike YOU should get???

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:09 Quote
dingus wrote:
Why are u asking people what bike YOU should get???
because

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:13 Quote
i have a trek session 7 and its great, i got for 700. Its a badass bike. The Transition bikes are good but they are a tad expensive. I would suggest the Session

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 15:50 Quote
what kind of riding will you be doing most? the bottle rocket is more of a slopestyle/4x bike. the 77 will be more of a dh and freerider bike. not too much of a dh race bike though. i'm not totally sure what the Preston is. i don't really like them so i never really paid much attention to them. they seem kinda weak, but that's just my opinion. my friend ripped on one for a few months and loved the thing. another one of the guys i have ridden with has the 77 and he loves it. he does all kinds of shit on it. he's done xc rides on it, but he has raced it before. so it can be used for everything. he was hella slow on the xc ride. what do you expect from a 44 pound DH/FR bike?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
The trek is also quite heavy, Bottle rockets arent that good, prestons are okay. I sujest that you look for a really nice used bike. You will get better value and a good price.

another bike to look for new is the KHS luckey 7

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:17 Quote
which ever you liked the most

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
I would say get the Preston i've rode both the Preston and Bottle Rocket. If you want to climb but still be able to schmab downhill and do some free ride the preston should hold out, just throw a more burly fork on it like a 66. The Bottle Rocket is super nice and hadles well but is a tad more heavy.

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:23 Quote
freeridelife wrote:
i have a trek session 7 and its great, i got for 700. Its a badass bike. The Transition bikes are good but they are a tad expensive. I would suggest the Session
kay thats what i will do

Posted: Mar 30, 2008 at 16:27 Quote
dude. don't trust a bunch of guys that you've never met in person, and that your only talking to on the internet. go with what fit's your riding style the best and what's in your price range and what you feel comfortable on. the more comfortable you are, the more confident you are. and the faster you are and the bigger you'll be able to go. that's what you need to decide.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011034
Mobile Version of Website