I test rode these bikes. which one should I get? transition preston FR, and the Trek session 7 or transition bottle rocket

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
I test rode these bikes. which one should I get? transition preston FR, and the Trek session 7 or transition bottle rocket
Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 17:51 Quote
Trek Frames have lifetime warranty, and the components are pretty good.... Same goes for specialized...

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:12 Quote
Bottle rocket all the way!

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:13 Quote
this thread is like saying "I ate all three of these lollipops, which one should I have liked the best?"

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:16 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
this thread is like saying "I ate all three of these lollipops, which one should I have liked the best?"

i totally agree... pinkbike forums are becoming more useless everyday... the point of test riding is to get an idea of what YOU like, not what others tell you to like... i know there are still shreds of intelligence on this site... but we're not going to find it in these forums...

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:17 Quote
willshiels wrote:
I had a 36 pound session 7. You can get them light enough and they ride great for trails and downhill.
wow
insane
i didn't have any particularly heavy parts on mine and it was 49
maybe one of our scales is off haha

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:20 Quote
truffles wrote:
willshiels wrote:
I had a 36 pound session 7. You can get them light enough and they ride great for trails and downhill.
wow
insane
i didn't have any particularly heavy parts on mine and it was 49
maybe one of our scales is off haha

Nah, I spent alot of money on it, ti springs,ti boxxers,x0 ect... biggest weight loss was by using cotinental super sonic inner tubes on 2.5 single ply big earl tires. I miss that bike now......

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:23 Quote
oh boy that'd be a super fun bike
i really did like my session, just not it's retardedly excessive weight...especially considering i'm quite pinner

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
have u seen wat Kevin from Transition rides on the Preston? its not like full out dh, but tis some nice freeriding. and it handles it well.

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
Yeah, i sold iit to my best mate with a tf tuned dhx on the back, i borrowed it last week cause i blew my revox and fitted fox 40's to it, i have'nt given him it back yet...
They are great frames, shame. But the session 8 looks good. sory takin bout session 7

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:31 Quote
yeah i want to see more pics of the session 8 and specs and whatnot
cause i sold my old bike and i have 3 g's burning a hole in my pocket...and the session 8 is definitely an option but i don't wanna wait that long

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:36 Quote
truffles wrote:
cause i sold my old bike and i have 3 g's burning a hole in my pocket...and the session 8 is definitely an option but i don't wanna wait that long

Fit a shock with a 2.75 stroke and hey presto, you have a session 8. Thats what i did, it doesn't lift the bb height enough to notice..

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:37 Quote
willshiels wrote:
truffles wrote:

Fit a shock with a 2.75 stroke and hey presto, you have a session 8. Thats what i did, it doesn't lift the bb height enough to notice..
that has bad idea written all over it

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:39 Quote
AqueousBeef wrote:
willshiels wrote:
truffles wrote:

Seriously, it's ok the wheel normally has a inch and a half to come in to the seat tube, when increased the stroke it comes in at 3/4 of a inch,

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 18:56 Quote
willshiels wrote:
AqueousBeef wrote:
willshiels wrote:

Seriously, it's ok the wheel normally has a inch and a half to come in to the seat tube, when increased the stroke it comes in at 3/4 of a inch,
you just successfully voided your lifetime warranty

Posted: Mar 31, 2008 at 19:12 Quote
Nah, unfortunatley i voided the warranty earlier by fitting a set of boxxers to it, so didn't really matter. lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015647
Mobile Version of Website