Demo 7 For Racing?

PB Forum :: Specialized
Demo 7 For Racing?
Posted: Apr 25, 2009 at 3:34 Quote
marquis wrote:
dh-kevin-dh wrote:
thomasz wrote:
you can race the demo 7 competivly you take out the travel limiter clip to make the bike have 7.75inches of travel instead of the stock 7. also if you throw on a boxxer or a 888 then your set for racing even with the stock totem or 66 it would be awesome in for racing. use the search feature there is alot of fourms about this search "Sunday Vs Demo final descsion.

where and how do you take out the limiter

Try Here.

Yeah, it's very simple. Should be a 2 minute job.

Posted: Jul 5, 2009 at 23:46 Quote
I'm not sure if its been resolved, but I race on mine and I place well in intermediate! I've come in the top 1/4 intermediate on stock susp. So it can be done! I'd only suggest a fork, brakes, limiter removed, and also some wider bars. Narrow bars racing DH on a FR bike can be a bit hard to keep in a straight line. I run Grav light 800MM and I love them.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 13:11 Quote
ok. first off. i have a 08 demo 7 II.
get strait line break levers. get chromag osx bars. amazing . best bars out there imo.

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 13:27 Quote
hi all,
I have a demo7 2008 and I think it rocks. It needed a few upgrades/ things that broke... my set up is a 7 1 2008 with 2010 F40's, sunline v1 42mm direct stem, v1 745mm bars, v1 grips, v1 pedals, v1 reducer headset, v1 saddle, v1 seatpost (to come), juicy 7 upgrade and 2009 deetraks.

travel limiter taken out, I race her in a crappy kinda way and am placed 9= out of god knows how many in the cornwall freeriders cup.

Just love love love it. I would like a demo8 really, but in reality I never think mine is unstable or needs more travel. Sure we all know where im coming from....

interested to see what 2010 brings.... Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
Just a little update on mine since I started the thread a year ago...

Although I'm still growing (15 years old) so my shoulders aren't particularly wide, I still felt the stock 680mm bars were kinda short, so I went and got myself a Sunline V1 737mm bar, which feels so much better now and makes it much easier to control the bike in the rough stuff (plus they look awesome with the Demo 7 II paint job from 200Cool . My X.9 trigger shifter snapped off in a crash, so I had to get a replacement but they only had X.7s at the shop (so I settled for that, and figured that it might not be so bad because the mount on them is much beefier than on the X.9). Also got new grips and tyres, as is normal at the start of a season. Everything else has been holding up amazingly well after my numerous stacks, and all I had to replace where the fork seals at the end of last season (Totem). The stock rims are starting to get a little battered up now so I might look or some EX823s or something for the end of the season.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 13:41 Quote
nice. i have got new straitline levers. sooo sooo amazing. and i bent my front rim in half from a crash. hahah . so had to replace that. it turns out . my travel clip was allready removed. new chromag bars. wow there such a improvement. just got both shocks rebult. so its dialed Smile . and how do you change the bb hight? what is it better for low/ or high?

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 14:59 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
nice. i have got new straitline levers. sooo sooo amazing. and i bent my front rim in half from a crash. hahah . so had to replace that. it turns out . my travel clip was allready removed. new chromag bars. wow there such a improvement. just got both shocks rebult. so its dialed Smile . and how do you change the bb hight? what is it better for low/ or high?

photo

thats mine Smile

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 15:02 Quote
The stock rims are starting to get a little battered up now so I might look or some EX823s or something for the end of the season.[/Quote]

lol my stock dt swiss lasted exactly 2 days of riding at the mountain. Spokes were falling off and they had 4 big dent. I ordered some deemax now. can't wait to receive them

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 15:22 Quote
phil2793 wrote:
The stock rims are starting to get a little battered up now so I might look or some EX823s or something for the end of the season.

lol my stock dt swiss lasted exactly 2 days of riding at the mountain. Spokes were falling off and they had 4 big dent. I ordered some deemax now. can't wait to receive them[/Quote]
ahhaah same. i bent my front rim in half :p

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 17:44 Quote
blowfish1 wrote:
phil2793 wrote:
The stock rims are starting to get a little battered up now so I might look or some EX823s or something for the end of the season.

lol my stock dt swiss lasted exactly 2 days of riding at the mountain. Spokes were falling off and they had 4 big dent. I ordered some deemax now. can't wait to receive them
ahhaah same. i bent my front rim in half :p[/Quote]
Haha, nice I pulled five dents out of the rear end last time the tire was out. And its an oval! Damn not' having a job. The front end is pretty whack too.

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 22:17 Quote
comoxdh wrote:
blowfish1 wrote:
phil2793 wrote:

ahhaah same. i bent my front rim in half :p
Haha, nice I pulled five dents out of the rear end last time the tire was out. And its an oval! Damn not' having a job. The front end is pretty whack too.[/Quote]

yeah. thats all the other parts i got. planing on gettin more purple and white

Posted: Jul 6, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
so far my dt swiss havent given me any issues. and iv been riding since February on em. but i am looking to upgrade soon. deemax for me aswell

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 4:49 Quote
Bringing back my old thread with a new question.

CRC have a great deal on a Vivid 5.1 which is the right size for my Demo, and I thought it might be a good idea to get. It is the 2008 model though, so have RockShox changed it much for 2010? Also, if anyone has it on their Demo (marquis), does it feel better than the DHX5.0. I've also heard a few peopele have had reliability issues with their Vivids, has this been solved or do they still develop problems?

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
mine was tuned from the off,but it did feel more responsive than the dhx.

how ever for high speed stuff it sucked,if your hucking/drops get the tune c version,i got the tune b version so could be the reason.

Posted: Dec 19, 2009 at 9:17 Quote
marquis wrote:
mine was tuned from the off,but it did feel more responsive than the dhx.

how ever for high speed stuff it sucked,if your hucking/drops get the tune c version,i got the tune b version so could be the reason.

Hmm. That's not too good. I do a lot of high-speed stuff with lots of technical terrain. Frown
Problem is it needs to be good with the high-speed impacts but also be able to take some fairly large drops here and there without exploding upon impact.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016420
Mobile Version of Website