Post your Big hit or demo

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Post your Big hit or demo
Posted: Jul 7, 2015 at 15:06 Quote
brassinne wrote:
robd420 wrote:
brassinne wrote:

Oh man that sucks donkey balls. I remember when I was working barely over minimum wage and had my big hit stolen. Can't remember what year the frame was, maybe 2003? It was a black anodized frame with gold marzocchi shivers, 24" arrow racing rims, red Chris king hubs, 24x3.0 intense dh tires, purple Hayes with custom 9" saw rotors, xtr shifter/derailleur, Raceface north shore dh cranks, azonic bars and stem. It was a beast. Surprisingly not too heavy neither.

I was running an original Demo 9 before it was stolen. Fox 40, full Saint and Raceface build. She was a tank but one hell of a fun bike to ride. I had one.of those old Big Hits too. Nice bikes!

I'd like to find another big hit, just so I can put my monster T's on it with 24" wheels again. Sure it's not going to be as fast as my current bike, but I just miss the monster truck feel of it.

My cousins bike got swiped when mine did. It was a turd to begin with but he got out on it anyway. He ended up getting a Big Hit haha! And he wants to put his spare 24 on it too.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 5:16 Quote
robd420 wrote:
brassinne wrote:
robd420 wrote:

I was running an original Demo 9 before it was stolen. Fox 40, full Saint and Raceface build. She was a tank but one hell of a fun bike to ride. I had one.of those old Big Hits too. Nice bikes!

I'd like to find another big hit, just so I can put my monster T's on it with 24" wheels again. Sure it's not going to be as fast as my current bike, but I just miss the monster truck feel of it.

I can confirm monster trucking on a 24" rear is still a thing in 2015 and still a hell of a lot of fun Smile
My cousins bike got swiped when mine did. It was a turd to begin with but he got out on it anyway. He ended up getting a Big Hit haha! And he wants to put his spare 24 on it too.

Posted: Jul 8, 2015 at 5:16 Quote
robd420 wrote:
brassinne wrote:
robd420 wrote:

I can confirm monster trucking on a 24" rear is still a thing in 2015 and still a hell of a lot of fun Smile

Posted: Aug 31, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
2015 Demo. New Nobl rims
  I'll just put this here.
The angle sucks and makes the geo look weird - couldn't get more than one or two with my kid terrorizing the place.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2015 at 14:23 Quote
photo
photo
photo

Not too many of these making it up here but here's a throwback!
My current ride:
2005 big hit FSR
2010 Fox Van R rear
2014 Rockshox Lyrik 170mm with the DH cartridge
Titec scoper seat post (gives me some adjustibility)
Hayes nines (hey they work, what can I say)
Most recently I upgraded the front rim to a double track (because I taccoed my AlexRims) and put on new Anvil flat pedals, which are amazing.
You can see these in the last photo.

Posted: Oct 24, 2015 at 21:02 Quote
nickkk wrote:
robd420 wrote:
brassinne wrote:

If anybody wants one I have one for sale

Posted: Nov 22, 2015 at 22:29 Quote
My pride and joy 2004 Specialized BigHit Spec 2004 RockShox Boxxer
Baby got a wash today after riding

Got a couple upgrades done over the summer, the frame is still in solid shape but there's still a lot of work to be done. I'd like to get another 3 seasons out of this bike before selling it and upgrading

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 10:06 Quote
photo
My big hit after fork respray and new decals

Posted: Jan 3, 2016 at 22:27 Quote
B4sunris3 wrote:
2013 TLD Demo
rainout bike clean 2013 TLD Demo

nice ride, don't dig the paint job though..

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 at 18:33 Quote
drummerboi197 wrote:

Got a couple upgrades done over the summer, the frame is still in solid shape but there's still a lot of work to be done. I'd like to get another 3 seasons out of this bike before selling it and upgrading

Blue Mountain by chance ?

Posted: Feb 17, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
littleman22 wrote:
drummerboi197 wrote:

Blue Mountain by chance ?

Yes sir!

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 13:40 Quote
Specialized big hit fsr 3
New wheels and wheel decals

Posted: Mar 6, 2016 at 13:49 Quote
addr33ve wrote:
New wheels and wheel decals

Dang, that's a lot of white, props for keeping it clean! White crowns next? Smile

Here's my '13 8 1.

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.032143
Mobile Version of Website