>See the top sticky

Posted: Oct 20, 2020 at 14:29 Quote
Griff254 wrote:
CraigG8 wrote:

How do you post a picture?

On the forum home page go to Tools & Resources

>Tutorials

>See the top sticky

I don’t have the options that the sticky says, I’ve got a tick box that’s labelled “subscribe” and a blue box that says “Submit Comment”

Posted: Oct 25, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
Alright, just finished the build!
You know what, 26" wheels still work.

2011 Specialized Big Hit

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 14:41 Quote
Hey guys.
Thought I'd share some photos of my 2008 Demo 7 II. Picked it up 2 years ago when I realized my 2004 Kona Stinky was no longer cutting the cheese... I'd found a nice old Marz triple clamp I was interested in from a fellow Pinker in the BuySell, he calls me to find out about my bike, etc...ends up selling me his demo along with the fork for $900 as it was his coffee getter! So I've gone thru after receiving the bike and ridden every Summer in the mountains of Idaho and/or Colorado, then decided to pull all the stock parts it had come with. Drilled internal cable routing, ground off all the routing mounts, made custom 27.5/26" mullet wheels on Spank Race 33 rims with old TBC Rev 32 Hubs, another set of 27.5" wheels using a Mavic Deemax Elite for the rear and some tan wall Maxxis DHRs. The 08 Marz 66 RC3 was custom rebuilt by Avalanche Downhill Racing, along with the DHX 5.0 (SLS spring custom painted)(have a BOS Kirk R4 I tuned to work as well). All the bushings/bearings replaced with MAXX Enduro RWC bearings, 9 speed XO Carbon shifter, derailleur (20th anniversary edition) blackbox, 9 speed titanium XTR cassette from way back when..., 10 speed SLS KMC chain, custom chain guide, hellbender BB, NX cranks, Diety seatclamp/stem, Nukeproof carbon bar, fox factory 200mm dropper, Ergon pro grips, Magura MT7 brakes, custom painted, TRP rotors/pads... Lastly stripped and custom painted myself. All work done in my man cave!~ And for under 3k 34.5lbs with the DHX Coil, 34lbs with the BOS Kirk R4... I'm old school, 42, and not getting a new bike anytime soon with boys of riding ages.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 6:22 Quote
My recently rebuilt big hit..my dream bike as a kid, i remember staring at it every time i went into my LBS. still need to find a new brake lever in good condition and cranks.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 12:45 Quote
Bike-guy2323 wrote:
My recently rebuilt big hit..my dream bike as a kid, i remember staring at it every time i went into my LBS. still need to find a new brake lever in good condition and cranks.

Nice. Pretty similar to what I had back in 2003.
I had the ano black big hit DH with a shiver, mrp chainguide, profile ss cranks, arrow racing rims on king hubs , intense 24x3.0 tires, azonic bars, stem and love seat, purple Hayes brakes with custom 9" rotors. It was a urban assault machine.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014736
Mobile Version of Website