Santa Cruz V10

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz V10
Posted: May 17, 2013 at 10:17 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
Knowing trek they will make it a 29er. And nope. Maybe they'll go 27.5 rear 29 front? Who knows what they are thinking anymore.

Lol. Prolly 27.5 all around. If the 951 Evo does well this race season, even *cough KHS *cough; the big bosses will start considering it. Hell the Foat 40 has a sik fidee bee version. Youre right, who knows.

Posted: May 21, 2013 at 11:16 Quote
hello all

where can i find setup shock for santacruz v10 mk3 ?
because on the official site i do not find this PDF or JpeG

Thanks

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 20:11 Quote
she is almost done at 14.8 kg size large ( still need to cut the brake lines and put the grips on )

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 20:15 Quote
Where did you order the fork from? I have one on pre order and it hasn't came in yet. Also the bike's looking prime!

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 20:17 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
Where did you order the fork from? I have one on pre order and it hasn't came in yet. Also the bike's looking prime!

trough my lbs , placed the order months ago and i overnight the fork from cali !!!

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 20:40 Quote
bladeliger wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

trough my lbs , placed the order months ago and i overnight the fork from cali !!!

Nice, let me know how it rides when you get a chance. Also check in here if you're interested: https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=148640&pagenum=1#commentid5073895

Posted: May 28, 2013 at 23:34 Quote
bladeliger wrote:
she is almost done at 14.8 kg size large ( still need to cut the brake lines and put the grips on )

Fekkk Drool Float 40s. Nice man. Shoulda gotten black!

Posted: May 30, 2013 at 0:13 Quote
i just got my 2013 v10 and im having trouble with one of the rubber chainstay protection that left...i already got 6 pieces (2 on the left side, 4 on the right) but theres still one left that doesnt fit anywhere!
someone knows if theres a place for the 7th one?

Posted: May 30, 2013 at 9:35 Quote
There should be 5 on the drive side. 1 on the top of the CS, 1 on the bottom of the CS, 1 on the upright, 1 on the inside of the SS (long piece that runs the length of the SS), and 1 on the outside of the SS. On the non-drive side, there should be 2. 1 on the bottom of the CS, and 1 on the outside of the SS. 7 total.

Posted: Jun 2, 2013 at 16:00 Quote
bladeliger wrote:

Really nice build ! . I love looking past a bikes bling and seeing smart part choices . Are they XO trails on the bike ? .

Posted: Jun 3, 2013 at 22:50 Quote
A little update on my V10

New Enve DH carbon handlebar and black rims and some another small parts

New paint on the rims Santa Cruz V10 Carbon with FOX Sram x.0 Formula R0 ENVE HOPE SDG Straitline ODI...............

New paint on the rims Santa Cruz V10 Carbon with FOX Sram x.0 Formula R0 ENVE HOPE SDG Straitline ODI...............

Posted: Jun 7, 2013 at 22:35 Quote
I'm wondering if anyone around 200lbs with the 2013 has dialed in a solid base tune with the stock fox shock, and if so please post it up.

I've been running mine in 8.5' mode with a #450 spring and find it jumps nose heavy. I know the answer to that is usually slow down rebound but I don't think I can run it any slower. I'm running 5 clicks from full slow right now and think the shock would start packing up for sure if I slowed it down anymore. I've been out in the bike park 5 days in a row trying to get it dialed but just can't get it to feel right. I'm actually trying to speed up my fork rebound now to see if that will compensate.

Any base tunes along with, rider weight, spring rate, and travel setting with the stock RC4 and I would be interested to hear.

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 0:54 Quote
^ Your spring rate is even soft imo. Although Im running a ccdb, Im about 170 lbs kitted and I run 500-550 springs in 8.5" mode. That gives me a sag range of roughly 24-28ish percent. That said, you shouldnt be getting bucked or nose heavy on jumps with that soft of a spring. How much sag do you have with that 450?

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 7:50 Quote
Getting bucked on jumps is usually a result of your technique rather than the bikes setup. That said, you should probably look into getting a 500# spring.

Posted: Jun 8, 2013 at 9:05 Quote
I'm in the same sag range with a #450. Santa Cruz website actually recommends a #400/450 for my weight in 8.5' mode and I chose to run a it on the stiffer side of things.

I'm starting to think it is just my technique and I just have to adapt to the new bike. Rode a Session last year and it just jumped different. I find with the v10 I need to compress my suspension a lot more on takeoff to avoid coming off nose heavy.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019179
Mobile Version of Website