Santa Cruz V10

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz V10
Posted: Jun 30, 2015 at 17:15 Quote
the-lemon wrote:
You can damper the noise pretty well if you take your chain stay off, then apply velco (soft side) then reapply your chain stay protector. Or if you don't give a.f about looks put the velcro on top of the chain stay. But make sure to spray the surface down with 30% alcohol to 70% water. Makes stickers and Velcro apply wayyy nicer and sticks better

Velcro? Gross. 3M mastic tape 2228 and be done.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 10:33 Quote
hey guys, just got my v10.6 CC and I was wondering, what kind of settings are you guys riding with the RC4? im using the settings I found at vitalmtb... 7 rebound, 8 HCS 7 LSC.. I think i did use slightly slower rebound, around 1 or 2 clicks slower than that...(clicks from full closed)
and also my bike is makes a lot of noice, I guess is the chain snapping... im running 10sp on a XO1DH with a SIXC 36T crankset and MRP G3... is it the chain snapping or something else? its veeeeery annoying!

im still waiting for my new brakes and now it has my old ones... once I get them Ill post some pictures Smile

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:14 Quote
regarding the noise...

Has anyone been able to get rid of it? I like my bikes quiet (like my previous three V10's). It has it just been a case of getting used to it?

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:18 Quote
Leave the bike in the garage

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:32 Quote
jamesrusby wrote:
Leave the bike in the garage

Helpful Wink

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 13:34 Quote
As said previously you can silence the noise by putting padding ontop of the chain stay protector, after about 8 rides mine is chewed up pretty bad anyway.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 19:47 Quote
jamesrusby wrote:
As said previously you can silence the noise by putting padding ontop of the chain stay protector, after about 8 rides mine is chewed up pretty bad anyway.

Not really. I put 3M 2228 on top of the factory piece and its just as loud. Did'nt dampen the sound at all.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 21:16 Quote
Mine was nice with a strip of foam double stick tape and fuzzy velcro on top of that. Worked great, until the adhesive started to fail. So if you get the right double stick tape you're sorted.

Posted: Jul 1, 2015 at 23:58 Quote
This works. Cut an old tyre,pref one with a chunky tread,so that it fits the top of your chainstay over the protector. Hold in place with zip ties. Like I say not the best looking,but it works a treat. Black frame helps hide it. No glue to fail and it doesent wear through in 5 mins. Just means you'll have to stop taking pretty pictures of your bike and go ride it...silently.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 1:56 Quote
hey guys i'm about to order my new V10.6 CC but i'm a little worried about snapped frames over the SC bikes.
can you give me any advice?

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 3:52 Quote
alanthepwner wrote:
hey guys i'm about to order my ney V10.6 CC but i'm a little worried about snapped frames over the SC bikes.
can you give me any advice?

They are bomb proof. Nothing to worry about. The V10's that broke were defected. The Carbon was probably laid incorrectly in the mold or something.

Even if it were to break, SC has one of the best warranties in the market.

You have nothing to worry about.

Posted: Jul 2, 2015 at 4:11 Quote
Anyone down to ride AstonHill this Sunday? V10 reppin'?

It's always great fun. Not particularly a hard course, however it does have has some challenging sections for the more experience.

Let me know, would be nice to meet the V10 Forum gents in person.

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 9:37 Quote
Rabbuit wrote:
Hey guys, wondering what size .6 a 183cm/6ft rider should get? I thought a large would be best, but SC website says a XL.

XL. Im 186 and L was super short.

Posted: Jul 3, 2015 at 9:41 Quote
I wonder how the customer service will be affected with the sale of SC to the dutch.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010586
Mobile Version of Website