Santa Cruz V10

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz V10
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 12:08 Quote
k2bikeguy wrote:
Just bought a 21 V10. Can’t wait to start riding it (3 feet of snow at the moment).

Planning to swap out the DHX2 Performance rear shock. I’d like more adjustability and I'm also considering an air shock for the extra progression. Santa Cruz says the Super Deluxe air doesn’t fit. I’m leery of an X2 due to reliability. Considering Cane Creek.

Could folks chime in on what shocks play nice with a ‘21 V10?

I Tried a x2, sent back 2x one season. the monarch air was on my 19 it was pretty good, at least lasted a while, but the fox coil is the best, adjustability? it has it! get a few different coils break them in, i notice there is some break in, also on my bronson i tried an SLS coil it was noticeably firmer for the same coil spec, im not sold on it for price, the steel coils are cheap and some companies make more progressive ones, the dhx2 is deff a bit mute to adjusting the barrels. id try a RS coil shock if i wanted something that responded to tweaks a little more strongly, but all the WC racers on DHX2 and mine dont give me any complaints, i hit big jumps, (black magic) local to mtn creek, and wallop on it,

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2023 at 12:34 Quote
chaosmtb wrote:
I Tried a x2, sent back 2x one season. the monarch air was on my 19 it was pretty good, at least lasted a while, but the fox coil is the best, adjustability? it has it! get a few different coils break them in, i notice there is some break in, also on my bronson i tried an SLS coil it was noticeably firmer for the same coil spec, im not sold on it for price, the steel coils are cheap and some companies make more progressive ones, the dhx2 is deff a bit mute to adjusting the barrels. id try a RS coil shock if i wanted something that responded to tweaks a little more strongly, but all the WC racers on DHX2 and mine dont give me any complaints, i hit big jumps, (black magic) local to mtn creek, and wallop on it,

Thanks! Super helpful feedback. The other shock on my list is the new Super Deluxe coil with the hydraulic bottom-out.

Staying in standard spec coils (non-SLS), do you feel like a 500 pound spring on one shock will act the same as a 500 pound spring on another? I know the tuning will be different, but do the spring rates act similar in your experience?

Posted: Mar 21, 2023 at 3:13 Quote
k2bikeguy wrote:
Just bought a 21 V10. Can’t wait to start riding it (3 feet of snow at the moment).

Planning to swap out the DHX2 Performance rear shock. I’d like more adjustability and I'm also considering an air shock for the extra progression. Santa Cruz says the Super Deluxe air doesn’t fit. I’m leery of an X2 due to reliability. Considering Cane Creek.

You don’t need more progressive shock. The ext arma feels great and a DHX2 feels great too.

Posted: Mar 26, 2023 at 22:51 Quote
chaosmtb wrote:
k2bikeguy wrote:

I run a 2021 V10.7 MX and swapped out the Fox DHX2 for a RS Super Deluxe Ult DH Coil fitted with an adjustable Sprindex coil. Big improvement with excellent mid-stroke support. The SDUDH has less adjustability compared to the DHX2 - this I like because I always got “lost in the dials” on the DHX2, not to mention I’ve had some reliability issues with Fox shocks over the years. The SDUDH has been ultra reliable.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 2:13 Quote
Hey dumb question but does the new charger 3 super deluxe coil fit on a v10.7? i know it didn’t fit on my friends range and the v10.7 looks like it has even less space than a range.

Posted: Jun 15, 2023 at 5:05 Quote
jazsymo wrote:
Hey dumb question but does the new charger 3 super deluxe coil fit on a v10.7? i know it didn’t fit on my friends range and the v10.7 looks like it has even less space than a range.

The new coil fits, but has very little clearance at the front mount, friend had it and I saw a guy in germany that had it mounted

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2023 at 19:06 Quote
christiaan wrote:
jazsymo wrote:

The new coil fits, but has very little clearance at the front mount, friend had it and I saw a guy in germany that had it mounted

sweet thanks

Posted: Jul 29, 2023 at 15:06 Quote
jazsymo wrote:
christiaan wrote:
jazsymo wrote:

sweet thanks

Whistler Crankworx SRAM booth had a V10.7 on display with one installed
photo

Posted: Nov 7, 2023 at 13:34 Quote
zeeman wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo

If they would only release it is raw carbon, looks so so so much better!

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2023 at 21:41 Quote
The one with the vivid air and boxxer looks sick af.

Posted: Nov 15, 2023 at 0:00 Quote
inshane-himself wrote:

Exactly, no need to change anything

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 16:23 Quote
christiaan wrote:
inshane-himself wrote:

Exactly, no need to change anything

I just noticed its running a 220? rear and 200 front? Odd setup.

O+
Posted: Nov 16, 2023 at 16:25 Quote
I got an email from santa cruz saying the new v10 is calling my name haha.

"Buy one of the limited frames we're offering direct and you get race-winning pedigree and exclusive access to the Santa Cruz Owners Club delivered right to your door.
Don't sleep on this chance, because when they've gone, they've gone."

Seems the large mx is already sold out. Wild

Posted: Nov 17, 2023 at 0:13 Quote
inshane-himself wrote:
I got an email from santa cruz saying the new v10 is calling my name haha.

"Buy one of the limited frames we're offering direct and you get race-winning pedigree and exclusive access to the Santa Cruz Owners Club delivered right to your door.
Don't sleep on this chance, because when they've gone, they've gone."

Seems the large mx is already sold out. Wild
I wanted a large too, wonder when frames will available again. And PLEASE bring a second color

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022249
Mobile Version of Website