What happened to Josh Bender?

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
What happened to Josh Bender?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 23:17 Quote
does anybody know? Does anyone know where a video of the crash that broke his back is?

Posted: Apr 2, 2008 at 23:23 Quote
partyboy1122 wrote:
does anybody know? Does anyone know where a video of the crash that broke his back is?

what i didnt hear he broke hi back someone plzzz send video on thread

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 6:18 Quote
i dont think he broke his back, as far as i know hes in good health, i hope so anyway, i dont know if hes crazy brave stupid or fearless, maybe a little of everything but hes a mountain bike legend for sure

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 7:21 Quote
He broke his back coming up short on a very large road gap. He spent a couple years living in Alaska for some reason. I think he's making a slow come back though, I know he can ride again.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 7:23 Quote
I'd read he was back to full health now?

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 8:27 Quote
i think he's ridin again! i read thAT " he is able to walk without help" and that was like a year ago!

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 8:50 Quote
he was riding in drop in season 5

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
all of you kids are funny.
Marsallis Wallis threw him out the window for giving his wife a foot massage

O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 9:09 Quote
I actually had the opportunity to ride with him last summer out in virgin, ut and it was one of the best experience with a pro I have ever had. I'm not a great biker by any means, but he didn't care, it was like having a personal coach, it was very cool. Yeah he broke his back and he was wearing some crazy back brace that he hid under all his gear, but that didn't stop him from going big. He also was riding an ellsworth with triple 8 up front and a roco in the rear. I asked him if he ever planed on getting the rampage back, he said he would love too and somethings are in the works. been back to virgin since and have not seen him in a year. but he is still riding, and from what I saw alot more controlled.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 9:12 Quote
blackdot wrote:
I actually had the opportunity to ride with him last summer out in virgin, ut and it was one of the best experience with a pro I have ever had. I'm not a great biker by any means, but he didn't care, it was like having a personal coach, it was very cool. Yeah he broke his back and he was wearing some crazy back brace that he hid under all his gear, but that didn't stop him from going big. He also was riding an ellsworth with triple 8 up front and a roco in the rear. I asked him if he ever planed on getting the rampage back, he said he would love too and somethings are in the works. been back to virgin since and have not seen him in a year. but he is still riding, and from what I saw alot more controlled.

thank you, someone that has some facts and is not guessing.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 15:56 Quote
I know that he's recovered and has a dare with 888 and all (idiomlab.com has videos of him and bender episode 2 shows part of the back breaking drop)(thos videos are 2005 he broke his back Sep. 14th, 2005) but like I heard at one of the races I was at that he went to college? it was from a guy that was previously on the same team as him.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 16:03 Quote
im sad to hear that he was so badly hurt, im glad that hes riding again though, he seems like he has a real passion for biking, i dont like it when people disrespect that guy

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 20:36 Quote
That video is intense! Bender does seem more humble and stuff. hopefully thier will be another five years. F-Bush.

Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 18:05 Quote
Does josh bender still ride?

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2008 at 19:20 Quote
saw bender at the rampage today, not riding in the event, but it was good to see him. Don't know if he is still riding "PROFESSIONALLY" as far as I know still riding for ellsworth.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012743
Mobile Version of Website