Adjusting Marzocchi SL1 ATA?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Adjusting Marzocchi SL1 ATA?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 14:40 Quote
Hi,
I recently purchased the fork mentioned above and I would like to know if anyone has a link or any other information concerming correct air pressures for the adjustment of the fork and other useful hints.

Posted: Apr 3, 2008 at 14:58 Quote
marzocchi has a chart for your weight. i would put 80% of their value in the bottom, and 60% in the top. *fill the bottom first*. i've run it almost empty up top (accidently, i let out too much at the top of an 18mile DH and forgot my shock pump), and it rode fine, but you must always have a good bottom charge. play with the top charge to see what suits you in terms of "plushness", but don't judge it by how it feels in the parking lot. mine feels harsh at home, but on the trail its great. check the air once a week, whether you rode or not, to make sure it's where you think it is, and get yourself a "zero loss" or "zero bleed" pump, the marzocchi one allows air to escape when you unscrew it, messing up the program... hit me up if you're having problems, i got two of those last year and have never had problems, some guys will say they're bad forks but i'm convinced they just don't know how to tune them up...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009096
Mobile Version of Website