**St. Louis, Missouri Freeriders** Upcoming Freeride projects!!

PB Forum :: USA - Rockies & Midwest
**St. Louis, Missouri Freeriders** Upcoming Freeride projects!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 6:43 Quote
First off, as most of us know the current setup at Klondike park is almost a total discrace to the freeride movement, but dont worry we have recently been given permission to build freeride stuff out at the dirt jumps off of hwy 55 at Grant's Trail. Right now they are finishing the reshapment of the bmx jumps to more suit 26" bikes, as well as installing a pump track. Once they have completed these things we will be able to begin constructing the trail and features on the back side of the park that once held the HUGE jumps.. In the mean-time we need to develop plans for what we want to do back there, because we have a lot of land to work with, although most of it is pretty flat. Next saturday the 12th we should be meeting with the head guy over there. I will update everyone on this project as i get more information.

Also, Castlewood park is willing to make plans for a freeride specific trail in the park and we are going to meet with the parks people there to scout out areas to make the trail sometime in the near future. This will definitely be an awesome thing for freeriding in St. Louis and in Missouri overall, since we are the only state in the midwest that does not have any legit freeride trails. But that is soon to change. This summer everything is going to turn around. Check back for more updates soon.

Posted: Apr 4, 2008 at 7:30 Quote
Yup, there's supposed to be alot more 26" friendly jumps and stuff being built back
at the Figure 8 (Grants Trail) jumpstup I will definitely be in on it.

Posted: Apr 17, 2008 at 4:05 Quote
first off, i would like to say that this is great news for STL. ive ridden "figure 8" a few times, though i live close enough to rode everyday. im currently out of the country for military, but should be home SOON! i cant wait to get home and ride again!

Posted: May 1, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
Hey guys, I didnt even realize this thread existed...lol

To elaborate on the Castlewood deal, I am essentially the lead on this project. As long as the park doesn't freak out this should be a great opportunity. The biggest difference betwen this and Klondike will be that it will be designed by somebody who actually rides and knows something about freeride. I can use as much help as I can get though. What we truly need is a core group of riders to take ownership of all this $hit and keep it moving. Josh finally tracked me down at C'wood one day so we finally met. PatrickP from the GORC board is also going to be involved. He won't come out of the closet yet and say he is a freerider, but several months of riding with me has slowly warped himWhip

Anyways, we have GORC's support and I'm heading it up with Sammit's aid. He's the trail steward at the Wood and is in favor of whatever we can get approved.

side note...I can't think of a word to describe Klondike's drops........but in all the effort to make them "safe"...they r actually more dangerous because of the layout. I will be trying to talk Kirby and or Muddragon to fix the layout to at least make them a little better because the current setup just aint right......i'll try to keep track of this thread and post updates here as well....but for anyone not already on there check the board at www.mtb-stl.com too. If anybody joins let me know somehow so I can activate you and give you access. I currently have it set to private for various reasons.....

Later.....

Posted: May 2, 2008 at 6:09 Quote
Break-it13 wrote:
PatrickP from the GORC board is also going to be involved. He won't come out of the closet yet and say he is a freerider, but several months of riding with me has slowly warped himWhip
Confused Outch! Hey I'm trying... I'm just not comfortable with the big drops yet... YET!!! Big Grin

Break-it13 is right guys, the more input we get from you, the better chance we get to have something YOU will want to ride... Speak up, meet us, and let those projects going... tup

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 4:39 Quote
I've been out at the figure 8(south county) jumps every day for the last 5 days,
and the jumps are getting back in shape after all the F@#$!ng rain. The "mountain bike" section is still not being worked on due to the lack of funds for diesel fuel for the bobcat. I've been bugging Russ about it, he said that he needs about $75 bucks a day to keep it running, and he figures that he needs 12 days to get it done.
His beer-fueled addition came up with $750.00 to finish it.lol
Anyway,if anyone wants to donate funds for diesel to get it finished, donation forms are available for tax purposes.Contact me and I'll get you one.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 4:47 Quote
hey thanks for the update man. I'll see what I can scrape together. I'm hoping to get down there next week too. I haven't been down there yet this season.

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 5:24 Quote
Break-it13 wrote:
hey thanks for the update man. I'll see what I can scrape together. I'm hoping to get down there next week too. I haven't been down there yet this season.
We need more 26er's out there. I think there's like 3 or 4 of us now. It's still crazy with BMX though.

Posted: Sep 13, 2008 at 6:40 Quote
WTF guys? LOL. None of has has posted shite on this thread in months! I guess some of us are actually out riding on a daily basis. Is there anybody else on Pinkbike in the St.Louis area (besides the few of us that have already posted on here) that actually ride? I can't believe there is still only about 8 of us (at most)that fecking jump their 26ers!Eek Eek Eek Eek
We have 2.5 million people in the area and 5 guys who ride......wtf..Madder

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 0:28 Quote
HEY I RIDE AND IM IN COLUMBIA/ST. LOUIS MO. I JUST FOUND THIS FORUM. I AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR RIDING PARTNERS AND AM WILLING TO HELP BUILD TRAILS. MY RIG: SPECIALIZED DEMO 9 PRO. OH CRAP MY CAPS LOCK IS ON.....

-ANTHONY
ASV4K8@GMAIL.COM

Posted: Oct 10, 2008 at 15:44 Quote
excellent.....always more welcome.....if you want more up to date info about the local scene....go to www.mtb-stl.com and register on the forum...if you do make sure you email the admin(me) and tell me your user name so i can activate you....

Posted: Jan 3, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
I'll be moving to STL in a week or so from Central OH.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
No way! I am from St. Louis and didn't think I would ever come across a post for DH in St.Louis. Good job! I remember when I attended Lindenwood it was super hard to find people to ride with. I could leave my bike unlocked on campus cause nobody even wanted a bike. Hell, even the employees at the Touring Cyclist in St. Charles didn't ride bikes. I felt your pain and then moved away. It's been several years since I left St. Louis and have been wondering about rides if I ever travel back to visit. Should I bring my true DH bike or my 5" xc rig? Keep doing what your doing. We had to build all of our good trails where I moved here. It used to be about 4 pirate trail builders. Now, In a town of 3000 people we have volunteer trail crews of 50 people show up.

Posted: Jan 16, 2009 at 20:04 Quote
WAY!

Yea it's been an uphill battle but is finally starting to take off! It started as a few of us wgo spawned off of the GORC site and Once I started a freeride site (www.mtb-stl.com) people slowly started joining. We're up over 40 users now! The trail will be short and mild at first but should be balls-out fast for the midwest and hell it's a start. Most of us terrorize Chubb but are hoping this all keeps moving forward. Feel free to sign up on the board...if you're ever back in stl definitely pick up a session while you're here

Posted: Oct 11, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
back from the dead! Anyone still doing any of this? I have a few cool updates about Missouri stuff...

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015204
Mobile Version of Website