where is josh bender !!!!!!!!!!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
where is josh bender !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:02 Quote
all i can find is the drop and nothing about him latly!!!!!

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:10 Quote
he was on interbike with ellsworht(he's sponsor)

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:19 Quote
when did you see this???

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 11:52 Quote
Coincidentally, there was a topic about this not too far back.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=974&pagenum=1

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 11:32 Quote
hes making a "comeback"

word on the street is that he is going to do 100 footer. He will die

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
you bloody pesimist!!!

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:24 Quote
To be honest, I don't think Bender had much skill as a mountain biker.
Getting all blazed and sending it off unreasonably huge drops with 50% chance of landing. Really thats not skill to me.
Now take Ben Boyko for an example. He practised and practiced his 360° off insane drops, and look where he is today. Not like Josh Bender

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:30 Quote
you kno it doesnt matter how good he was. noone else could do what he did. sure super t stuck 3 of his biggest stunts in one afternoon while filming for union but if bender never did those super t prolly never of have either... and besides he is the reason the sport is where it is today. he is the reason the bikes are so tough and the reason more people are sendin 30 footers.. so bender is the f*ckin man... and yea i seen sumtin on him at interbike

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 11:00 Quote
nsmfreerider wrote:

he doesnt have skill. i dont know why people thought he was/is so good either.

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 11:17 Quote
m3hl wrote:
nsmfreerider wrote:

How can you say that? He can backflip, I'm sure lots of other stuff too. I'm pretty sure that takes skill.
Can you backflip? Huh?

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 11:18 Quote
m3hl wrote:
nsmfreerider wrote:

He actully does have some skill that people don't realize, sher it's a lot about guts but still. So basiclly your saying people who do like 30x20+ roadgaps and stuff like that have no skill? He can also do backflips, props for him doing them on such a big and heavy bike too.

Chom

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 11:19 Quote
bender had a shit load of skill
to get the nuts to huck yourself that huge
and think you can land it
thats brain skill man
haha
where is he?
probably in the hospital or something

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
whats with all the bender haters? ill bet non of you who say he has no skill can backflip.. and how it takes no skill to huck? my largest huck is slightly less than 20 feet. thats my comfort zone (anymore and im not willing to try it) and thats pretty respectable id say, and its not easy. hes successfully landed drops twice that and just attempting that is impressive. as for where he is, i have no clue. but from what ive heard hes found a 100ft drop and that will be his big comeback. might wanna bring out the old karpiel for that one lol. but keep in mind its not how you ride its why you ride - hes doing it because its what he loves, not because he gets payed. the guy makes less than most people on this site a year and he still puts his life on the line for the progression of the sport.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 8:59 Quote
If you check out Drop-in Webisode #8 on Rip.tv you'll see him make a guest appearance at Northstar.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012547
Mobile Version of Website