where is josh bender !!!!!!!!!!!

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
where is josh bender !!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
it doesnt matter anyway hes had his glory days.
so what if he cant land it atleast hes got the balls to even try it.
anyone has the balls to try it but the real skill of biking is landing somthing big

talk to us after you shit your pants staring over the edge of the jah drop.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:04 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:
anyone has the balls to try it but the real skill of biking is landing somthing big

you talk actual crap.

the balls are half the story, why do you think berrecloth doesn't 360 off the jah drop then?

sure hes got the skill but i doubt hed have the balls to risk breaking his spine in half

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:05 Quote
frolosophy wrote:
mountainbiker709 wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

ya except bender can't land smaller drops i never said anything about jaw drop i said onther drops that r smaller that he can't even land

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:16 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
frolosophy wrote:
mountainbiker709 wrote:

ya except bender can't land smaller drops i never said anything about jaw drop i said onther drops that r smaller that he can't even land
but in the end does it really matter? saying he sucks doesnt make you a better rider, it makes you a jealous prick.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 12:21 Quote
well if all your concerned about with is tricks; bender can throw down smooth backflips while he was riding a 60+ pound bike, now I'd like to see you try that. That takes more then "balls"

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:16 Quote
robholio wrote:
derrie wrote:
Plus The main view of freeride is now short-travel, single crown slopestyle.

I would tend to disagree. The media coverage may be on slopestyle riding due the the spectator draw, but that isn't what the majority of us are riding on a daily basis. Freeriding at its core will always be about riding trails and/or stunt features with your friends and pushing your limits. Why pigeon-hole the sport to a single discipline?

robholio gets it. imo slopestyle has little to do with real mountain biking/freeriding/casual DHing. for some keyboard warrior(mountainbiker709) to dis bender and suggest that he could hit that huck on a specialized bighit tells me he was probably in diapers when bender was introducing the sport to the public. the jaw drop, to see in person, is nuts. bender deserves more props.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:27 Quote
obee1 wrote:
robholio wrote:
derrie wrote:
Plus The main view of freeride is now short-travel, single crown slopestyle.

I would tend to disagree. The media coverage may be on slopestyle riding due the the spectator draw, but that isn't what the majority of us are riding on a daily basis. Freeriding at its core will always be about riding trails and/or stunt features with your friends and pushing your limits. Why pigeon-hole the sport to a single discipline?

robholio gets it. imo slopestyle has little to do with real mountain biking/freeriding/casual DHing. for some keyboard warrior(mountainbiker709) to dis bender and suggest that he could hit that huck on a specialized bighit tells me he was probably in diapers when bender was introducing the sport to the public. the jaw drop, to see in person, is nuts. bender deserves more props.
ask ur self though whats the amount of drops landed by bender and the amount of drops fallen by bender
ya has fallen a lot more then he has landed

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:40 Quote
u friends with bender? or are u going by the 7 videos uve seen of him, everything he does isnt put on videos, your just another prick that thinks he can out ride bender, but wen it comes down to it, benders out shredin and ur sitin at ur computer talkin shit.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:44 Quote
kawi wrote:
u friends with bender? or are u going by the 7 videos uve seen of him, everything he does isnt put on videos, your just another prick that thinks he can out ride bender, but wen it comes down to it, benders out shredin and ur sitin at ur computer talkin shit.
i never said i could out ride bender i just said i think hes not all that great i prefer someone of the lines of berrcloth who could do most of the stuff bender trys

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:45 Quote
you can all sit and wirte that bender cant ride and all that bollocks but the fact of the matter is that he has got seriously balls and gut's most of you would never even think about trying the sort of shit that he does!but bender isnt all about drops, the guy can ride so give him his due he has ball and he can ride!!

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
kawi wrote:
i never said i could out ride bender i just said i think hes not all that great i prefer someone of the lines of berrcloth who could do most of the stuff bender trys
well it seems pretty dumb to talk shit about someones riding, if you yourself arn't any better, just my opinion.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
huckerdd wrote:
you can all sit and wirte that bender cant ride and all that bollocks but the fact of the matter is that he has got seriously balls and gut's most of you would never even think about trying the sort of shit that he does!but bender isnt all about drops, the guy can ride so give him his due he has ball and he can ride!!
i said he cant drop but it think he has a future in dh

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 14:24 Quote
Berrencloth, 360s.. When did you start riding? I bet not so long ago. When I began riding bike, Bender was really the icon of freeriding. Now i can go as big as he, but that time i was about 13, i had an awful bike and Bender was the greatest rider for me, he made me believe that i could do some more and push my limits, there just wasn't anybody more impressive in the world 7 years ago. And you now are judging from your modern slopestyle point of view, comparing Josh with all those young guys. It's normal that today's riders can land some Bender's drops, it shows progress in sport. I agree his dropping skills are not perfect, but he was really the first man in the world to try it all. He is the part of our history. If you love freeriding you should respect him i think.

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 14:28 Quote
shprotman wrote:
Berrencloth, 360s.. When did you start riding? I bet not so long ago. When I began riding bike, Bender was really the icon of freeriding. Now i can go as big as he, but that time i was about 13, i had an awful bike and Bender was the greatest rider for me, he made me believe that i could do some more and push my limits, there just wasn't anybody more impressive in the world 7 years ago. And you now are judging from your modern slopestyle point of view, comparing Josh with all those young guys. It's normal that today's riders can land some Bender's drops, it shows progress in sport. I agree his dropping skills are not perfect, but he was really the first man in the world to try it all. He is the part of our history. If you love freeriding you should respect him i think.
i almost respect bender i think he needs to learn how to drop on a smaller travel bike and small drop and my small travel bike i mean like 8 inches and i think he needs to work on his form and also he needs to set up his bike better if u watch most of his falls he goes over the handle bars and it looks like his rebound was too fast in be rear shock a little change like a rebound ajustment and i think it could do a lot better on his drops

Posted: Oct 31, 2007 at 14:52 Quote
mountainbiker709 wrote:
shprotman wrote:
i almost respect bender i think he needs to learn how to drop on a smaller travel bike and small drop and my small travel bike i mean like 8 inches and i think he needs to work on his form and also he needs to set up his bike better if u watch most of his falls he goes over the handle bars and it looks like his rebound was too fast in be rear shock a little change like a rebound ajustment and i think it could do a lot better on his drops

Yes, i agree that most of his bikes were really stupid. Maybe that times people couldn't believe that you can go that big with less travel. Yes, i agree his skills in dropping were far from ideal that time (maybe mostly because of his bikes), it is almost impossible to land such hucks jumping like that... But he is really a great man in biking, we should get it. And all his crashes.. they prooved he almost never gave up. I've just watched a Drop In episode with him. Glad to see him riding again.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022224
Mobile Version of Website