Jesus in comparison our gas is $0.89 per liter

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 11:48 Quote
anywhere between £1.35 and £1.50 a litre over here

Posted: Mar 19, 2012 at 16:10 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Jesus in comparison our gas is $0.89 per liter
pretty much £1 cheaper!!

Posted: Mar 21, 2012 at 4:29 Quote
milan, italy, 3rd world: this morning, 1,90 € / L !!!!

but finally italians will leave home their f******g cars Wink

Posted: Apr 3, 2012 at 23:43 Quote
i've had a couple....mainly don't ride on the sidewalk.I raced a cop down main street last week....lol...I beat him....both going downhill too so I had gravity on my side...he didn't even really care.

gotten a couple warnings about not having reflectors either.....in the middle of the day!

I've even had one about not having brakes....he didn't see the 8 and 7 inch rotors on each wheel...

Never gotten a ticket though...

also, I think at least 80% of drivers do NOT know what the hell bike "hand signals" are...as I"ve used them and drivers still almost run into me.....I swear...next driver that hits me/almost hits me, my foot is gonna have a date with their door or bumper...or the good old bang on hood with fist.

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 at 1:17 Quote
Just stick a pedal in the side of the door

Posted: Apr 4, 2012 at 12:44 Quote
freejazz wrote:
milan, italy, 3rd world: this morning, 1,90 € / L !!!!

but finally italians will leave home their f******g cars Wink
rumor has it that gas might hit $2.00/L in the summer

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 16:59 Quote
Wow im going to be f*cked over for sledding this winter

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 17:11 Quote
debonis wrote:
Never gotten a ticket though...

also, I think at least 80% of drivers do NOT know what the hell bike "hand signals" are...as I"ve used them and drivers still almost run into me.....I swear...next driver that hits me/almost hits me, my foot is gonna have a date with their door or bumper...or the good old bang on hood with fist.
lol, that's pretty bad, I knew cyclist hand signals years back. There's a thead to rant about motorists on the 'road' section btw.

Posted: Apr 6, 2012 at 2:46 Quote
a while ago, there was a little fun fair thing in the middle of my town center, was weaving through on the DH bike, cut through a small gap next to a ride, turned to avoid 2 police officers and slid the back end just across the front of them haha. think one of them shouted but i didnt bother stopping haha

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 5:34 Quote
recently i flipped my bmx bars down to make a speed bike type thing and was blasting a steep smooth footpath, turned corner, saw 2 cops right on my line, swerved, hit grass, slid out. cops just laughed and walked off.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 7:50 Quote
i was bombing down a rather steep hill near my house one day and my friend was next to me clocking my speed. the limit was 50km/h on this hill but we hit 65 almost 70 when we hit the turn the cop was there waiting for us, and gave my buddy in the truck a speeding ticket, and threatened to give me a ticket but we argued enough that he gave me a "warning"
is it possible to get a speeding ticket on a bicycle anyway?

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 7:52 Quote
of course it is, the speed limit is never just for cars, it applies to anything using the road

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 13:39 Quote
amateur-Soldier wrote:
of course it is, the speed limit is never just for cars, it applies to anything using the road
but arguably bicycles can hit that speed as they dont have over a tone of weight and to break it dosnt carry much through, its mainly the riders weight which is still moving, while in the car it has the driver passengers and everything inside of it which is still moving at the momentum of the car, for about a couple of seconds, that is why you car skids or your bike, because you your self is still trying to move at the speed which you was going at.

so in theroy a bike uses less stopping distance then say a car or motor bike

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 14:17 Quote
In theory a car has a larger contact patch, bigger brakes on two additional wheels, more weight to push tires into the ground.

How far it takes you to stop doesn't matter at all, if you know it takes longer to stop you increase following distance. Its your responsibility to know that and make sure other people on the road don't get hurt.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015234
Mobile Version of Website