Kelso??

O+
Posted: May 12, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
markholloway wrote:
Heard this on the news today, very sad news!

Trying to figure out where she went over that would require firefighters to repel the escapement to lift her out....

There is a very skinny hiking path (not even official trail) that goes inches from the cliff between the big rock face around to the lookout point. (little offshoots to the main bruce trail) It's too narrow to bike on properly and is frighteningly close to the cliff. At that point a fall would take you into a treeed area rather than the open grass. If I were to bet, I'd say that is the most likely spot a rider would go over. It would be easy to end up on that trail if you didn't know where you were going, and a small slipup could take you over the edge, especially if you were a novice rider.

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 17:56 Quote
I'm thinking she could also have been riding on the Quarry hiking trail. It'd be hard to get to her if she went over somewhere along there too. My initial thought though is she went off at the spot Chris described. I've seen people ride it over the years but I wouldn't risk it.

Posted: May 14, 2016 at 7:20 Quote
chrispaulcx wrote:
markholloway wrote:
Heard this on the news today, very sad news!

Trying to figure out where she went over that would require firefighters to repel the escapement to lift her out....

There is a very skinny hiking path (not even official trail) that goes inches from the cliff between the big rock face around to the lookout point. (little offshoots to the main bruce trail) It's too narrow to bike on properly and is frighteningly close to the cliff. At that point a fall would take you into a treeed area rather than the open grass. If I were to bet, I'd say that is the most likely spot a rider would go over. It would be easy to end up on that trail if you didn't know where you were going, and a small slipup could take you over the edge, especially if you were a novice rider.

This is exactly what came to mind. That exact spot. She wasnt a novice (she was on a xc team) but a poor lapse of judgement or a distraction could result in ending up on that path.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011308
Mobile Version of Website