Do piercings get in the way of riding?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Do piercings get in the way of riding?
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 18:46 Quote
ok question.. i know its not really about riding with the piercings but, can anyone tell me a way to make it easier to stretch from a 2 to a 0? ive tried a couple of tricks that i knew i just cant seem to get it to go in lol
thanks

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 18:51 Quote
vicki wrote:
ok question.. i know its not really about riding with the piercings but, can anyone tell me a way to make it easier to stretch from a 2 to a 0? ive tried a couple of tricks that i knew i just cant seem to get it to go in lol
thanks
Tapers seem to work the best. Just lube them up a bit and they should slide through nicely.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 18:55 Quote
alright .. see thats what ive tried with lol and the stretch seems almost too much ..is it possible that my ears wont stretch anymore?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 18:56 Quote
vicki wrote:
alright .. see thats what ive tried with lol and the stretch seems almost too much ..is it possible that my ears wont stretch anymore?
What do you mean by "too much"? And I don't think your ears could just stop.Very confused

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
like it hurts more than any other stretch ive made lol and good point about the stopping lol
didnt think about that before i wrote it

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:03 Quote
Just don't do it. Of my friends with piercings and tats the only thing they regret is stretching their ears. If you don't like them in a few years the only way to fix them is to get them suture it together.

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:07 Quote
curiousdeanne wrote:
Just don't do it. Of my friends with piercings and tats the only thing they regret is stretching their ears. If you don't like them in a few years the only way to fix them is to get them suture it together.
Depeding on how big you go. They will shrink back at a certain point, but once you cross say goodbye to your lovely ears.
Vikki- If I remember right going from 2-0 hurt the most for me too, only because I think that's the biggest gap betwen the spaces.

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
disrupter- wrote:
curiousdeanne wrote:
Depeding on how big you go. They will shrink back at a certain point, but once you cross say goodbye to your lovely ears.
Vikki- If I remember right going from 2-0 hurt the most for me too, only because I think that's the biggest gap betwen the spaces.
2 - 0 is the hardest as 0 is almost twice the size of 2. and i do believe that once at zero ears dont really stretch back, thats why im comfortably chillin with 2g

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:15 Quote
alright did it split when you stretched it to that? i think thats what im most worried about

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
vicki wrote:
alright did it split when you stretched it to that? i think thats what im most worried about
how long have you been at 2? if more then a month it shouldnt split.
just do it right after a hot shower when your ears will be most stretchy
and use something as a lube like disinfectant fluid and it should just slide in.
are you using a taper?

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:25 Quote
dcm243 wrote:
vicki wrote:
and use something as a lube like disinfectant fluid and it should just slide in.
are you using a taper?

yeah im using a taper and ive had it at two for a while now .. ill try it after a hot shower then ...should i take my surrent earrings out during shower? like will that help at all ? or does it not matter?

O+
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:29 Quote
vicki wrote:
dcm243 wrote:
vicki wrote:
are you using a taper?

yeah im using a taper and ive had it at two for a while now .. ill try it after a hot shower then ...should i take my surrent earrings out during shower? like will that help at all ? or does it not matter?
im not sure if it will make a difference taking them out, the shower technique
has always worked for me especially from 2 - 0. back to 2 tho now as zero wasnt for me. if you feel like your tearing your ear just stop and try again some other time! good luck let me know how it goes!

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
thanks guys Razz ill try it soon lol

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 at 19:43 Quote
Sorry, my mouse died. Mine def didn't split, but I could feel the tear of the skin. My ears were bruised and swollen for a couple days. Keep them in after you get them stretched, if you take them out they will shrink fast and bleed. It sucks.

Posted: Jan 9, 2009 at 0:52 Quote
whats 2 gauge and 0 gauge in mm?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013292
Mobile Version of Website