mtb park comps in scotland

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
mtb park comps in scotland
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 13:48 Quote
I know there are none and there arnt even any dj comps. i am sure there are plenty of people that would got to these comps and there isnt exactly a lack of venues (unit 23,glentress,loads of out door parks,cambus and loads i have missed). so my question is why isnt there any there is the sda for downhill which shows events can be ran in scotland. are there any people that would be willing to run such an event because i know there would be no lack of help or backing. so what do people think share ur opinions and thoughts.

FL
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 14:53 Quote
mate i completely agree! I was thinking we could even just post on here. Just organise massive 'sessions' with maybe timed runs and dirt jumping. Just go to places like cambu, lennox town (north shore race would be class!) and all the other local spots?

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 23:52 Quote
hardtailchops wrote:
mate i completely agree! I was thinking we could even just post on here. Just organise massive 'sessions' with maybe timed runs and dirt jumping. Just go to places like cambu, lennox town (north shore race would be class!) and all the other local spots?

hey that northshores gone now it was wrecked by the forrestry commision soz.

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 0:05 Quote
you serious! Gutted. What w#%£ers (don't know if your allowed to swear on pink bike). How long ago was that? I heard something about a campsies dh track?

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 2:07 Quote
hardtailchops wrote:

great idea mate i was just thinking the same thing. we could start of small and when we know we have enough people there could be a proper organised event. about the northshore thing me and my mates are startin a new track that know ones findin about until its done and i can get hundreds of free wood because my uncle ownes a building compony and he gets hundreds of extra wood so i will try and desingn the course so it can be raced Book Camera tup Attention Helmet Helmet Helmet

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 13:02 Quote
TeuchterPigeon wrote:
I know there are none and there arnt even any dj comps. i am sure there are plenty of people that would got to these comps and there isnt exactly a lack of venues (unit 23,glentress,loads of out door parks,cambus and loads i have missed). so my question is why isnt there any there is the sda for downhill which shows events can be ran in scotland. are there any people that would be willing to run such an event because i know there would be no lack of help or backing. so what do people think share ur opinions and thoughts.

Maybe there can be something like that in the kirky skatepark? I can try get it arranged when its built cos i'm in the KSI?? If u want???

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
Just get everyone to go to unit . And instead of having a comp just have a big sesh with ppl that we meet on pinkbike Razz Unit would b an ideal place considerin that u pretty much need 2 brakes for cambu and i dont no about you but glentress is gd but its nearly 2 hours away from where i live

FL
Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 12:54 Quote
A park sesh would be good but they ain't called mountain bikes for nothing. Cambu is easily ridden with one brake. But that said id be well up for a session at unit. Think we should do both plus a load more over summer. Definatly get a load of people on pinkbike!

Posted: Apr 14, 2008 at 12:59 Quote
If we could do unit first so i could ask where cambu is :L . When is the next time u will b at unit roughly??

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 2:15 Quote
i have just found out cambu is getting quaried again so that options gone i should be at unit not this weekend but next.

FL
Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 2:30 Quote
what? they changed there minds again.

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 10:03 Quote
come to unit this weekend Smile

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 10:36 Quote
cant ive got a paintball game with my team Army Pimp

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 10:39 Quote
coz my mate is payin me in Big Grin . U remember the bigger guy a was with on the bmx not the small one ?

Posted: Apr 15, 2008 at 12:07 Quote
i really think they should hold a huge comp or even just a few day session, and just put up posters or post it on here. because iv been up there 3 times and fallen off twicee. haha. its an awsome place to just basically session.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011607
Mobile Version of Website