Official Wakeboarders Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Official Wakeboarders Thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 16:58 Quote
This is a thread for anyone who wakeboards. you are free to post questions, pictures, anything that has do do with wakeboarding. also post the equipment that you use (ex. board bindings, etc.)

i personally ride:

02 Hyperlite motive w/ TFD graphics (upgrading to 08 Hyperlite Premier)
07 byerly bindings
SL Bantam Handle
SL Thermal mainline
Bodyglove vest (upgrading to Jetpilot A-10 attack vest)
04 Tige 21i

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:36 Quote
07 obrien oasis board
07 obrien analog bindings(gotta love rear entryBig Grin )
random vest, gonna get a nice one for this summer though.
behind a little 89 invader but i ride behind a big wakeboat sometimes as afew people at my lake have them

I can do 180 grabs, trying to get down tantrums. I LOVE boosting like mad, it feels so good.

I'll post up a bigger picture of my display pic soon

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 21:52 Quote
pffff, wakeboarding is for people who cant skateboard on the water being pulled by a boat

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 21:56 Quote
mchong1228 wrote:
pffff, wakeboarding is for people who cant skateboard on the water being pulled by a boat

Actually, wakeboarding is really hard. (only went two times, i was able to get up and i fell a lot, but i still had fun.)
Besides, you don't see wakeboarders posting threads about their 2 inch dick.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 18:50 Quote
only wakeboarded once when i was little, but im looking at getting one this year, Was going to get a red liquid force ps3 but my dad said it was to much for my first board Razz . But once it gets nice out here then I will check out the board shops for one.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 19:06 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
only wakeboarded once when i was little, but im looking at getting one this year, Was going to get a red liquid force ps3 but my dad said it was to much for my first board Razz . But once it gets nice out here then I will check out the board shops for one.

since you are just starting off wakeboarding the ps3 will probably be too aggresive for you. but once you learned to control it, it would be an excellent board because of the 3 stage rocker and the amount of pop it gets. thats just my opinion but if ur set on that board go ahead and get it.

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 19:08 Quote
dmanj wrote:
shreder123 wrote:

since you are just starting off wakeboarding the ps3 will probably be too aggresive for you. but once you learned to control it, it would be an excellent board because of the 3 stage rocker and the amount of pop it gets. thats just my opinion but if ur set on that board go ahead and get it.

Yea i liked it because of the 3 stage rocker. But do you know of any other good boards that are reasonably priced, brands dont matter to me.

Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 19:44 Quote
shreder123 wrote:
dmanj wrote:
shreder123 wrote:

Yea i liked it because of the 3 stage rocker. But do you know of any other good boards that are reasonably priced, brands dont matter to me.

hyperlite premier is a good board. 3 stage rocker, very forgiving, light. also i guess it depends on what you could call reasonably priced. the premier goes for i believe $375 for the 08 or $325 for the 07. to me those are reasonably priced compared to the hyperlite subVI which is $600 or the byerly monarch which is $700. the Ronix frontier would be another good board or the Liquid force substance is another one aswell

O+
Posted: Apr 21, 2008 at 21:29 Quote
ok thanks I will have to check them out

O+
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 at 13:15 Quote
I just got the Wake mag. and they have a buyers guide out right now. I like the Liquid Force Shane and Watson. Not sure how well they are but thy look nice Razz

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 21:21 Quote
ok, so i just started wakeboarding this summer, (got up third try Big Grin ). i've gone out about 5 times and i'm already airing the wake. now according to my buddy whose boat/board/gear i use thats pretty good. can u guys tell me how long you've been riding and how good u are? also, my family isn't 'wealthy' enough to afford a boat, so i'm getting pissed off that i can't progress as fast as i want to because money is a factor and it feels really shitty. do u guys all have ur own boats? and are seadoos any good for wakeboarding?

Posted: Aug 15, 2008 at 23:58 Quote
android wrote:
mchong1228 wrote:

Actually, wakeboarding is really hard. (only went two times, i was able to get up and i fell a lot, but i still had fun.)
Besides, you don't see wakeboarders posting threads about their 2 inch dick.

I believe he was joking :p

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 8:20 Quote
wipper15 wrote:
ok, so i just started wakeboarding this summer, (got up third try Big Grin ). i've gone out about 5 times and i'm already airing the wake. now according to my buddy whose boat/board/gear i use thats pretty good. can u guys tell me how long you've been riding and how good u are? also, my family isn't 'wealthy' enough to afford a boat, so i'm getting pissed off that i can't progress as fast as i want to because money is a factor and it feels really shitty. do u guys all have ur own boats? and are seadoos any good for wakeboarding?

ive been wakeboarding for 6 years and im just starting to learn 360's, bs 180's and back rolls. i can do w2w hs 180's with pretty much every grabas well as w2w ts 180's. i can ride switch, and do switch w2w 180's. i spent 4 years just riding around benihd the boat and only learned how to jump about 2 years ago, so im not doing that bad for about 2 years. i have my own boat, which is a 04 tige 21i, and im possibly looking at getting a malibu vride next summer. also are you talking seadoo boats or jetskis. niether are good for wakeboarding unless its the wakeboarding versions, then its ok, but i'd still rather ride behind an I/O then an seadoo.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 9:02 Quote
Landed tantrumsBig Grin
Got some backrolls to my feet then washed out too.

I have a little old invader boat, pretty much no wake. The only time I really get to ride is when I go with other people. I get on big boats maybe twice or three times a year, and when I do, I learn new stuff:P

Switch 180=halfcab I think?

photo

Tantrum behind a Mastercraft X-Star

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 13:01 Quote
rancidfan05 wrote:
Switch 180=halfcab I think?

yep, thats correct.

how are the wakes behind the x-star? have you ever ridden behind a malibu wakesetter? if so how do they compare? my friends know a guy with a 2008 wakesetter vlx so i got to ride behind it this summer. the wakes behind that thing are HUGE!! and super steep. you get so much pop its unbelievable!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013908
Mobile Version of Website