Official Wakeboarders Thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Official Wakeboarders Thread
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 14:10 Quote
I've only rode behind three wakeboats, the X-Star, a Malibu wakesetter VLX(02-03ish) and an Air Nautique a few years ago. Favorite wake is the X-Star, it was a REALLY fun wake but it was a bit too narrow for me. I was riding a 60 foot rope, I'd like to try 65-70 on that boat cause all my backrolls were going into the flats and thats why i kept falling. Wakesetter's wake is fun, not as much pop as the X-Star but still lots of fun to ride, fill the tanks and get some people in the boat and its plenty big. The Nautique I can't say I really remember much, I know at the time I wasn't that great,(consistent hs w2w and very sketch ts w2w) but it felt huge. That was the first big boat I ever rode behind though, so it was probably around the malibu or a bit smaller.

I notice you're from Winnipeg too, where do you ride? On the river at all?

And the best setup I've ever rode:
Hyperlite B-Side
Hyperlite Murray

That thing was insane, it was tight yet you could tweak grabs so easily, and the board rode soo well.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 15:19 Quote
with the new hulls the wakesetters have the wake is insane, super big and steep. and that wasnt even with the power wedge deployed at all. i've also only ridden behind 3 wakeboats. mine the 08 wakesetter vlx and a 01 super air nautique 210. the nautique and the wakesttter had pretty much the same wake. but mine is totally different. i generally leave the tap2 plate down so its alot more mellow cuz i like to go big into the flats. i sometimes put it up though for when i need more height. its a nice feature to have.

i mostly ride at my cabin in Ontario just because thats where i am all summer, but starting next summer im going to be working with my dad so im thinking of joining freeriders, so i'll be doing alot of wakeboarding on the river then.

Posted: Aug 18, 2008 at 15:34 Quote
Where are you in Ontario? Leave a note or PM if you don't want it in the thread, I'm right around there too.

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
rancidfan05 wrote:
Where are you in Ontario? Leave a note or PM if you don't want it in the thread, I'm right around there too.

i pm'd you

Posted: Nov 6, 2008 at 21:14 Quote
This tread is great! I recently started wakeboarding because i took it as my pe credit for college. But im addicted now but no boat we use a cable lake! i Have an 07 Liquid Force Omega but i have torn it up with in a month with all the ramps,rails, and boxes. Im thinking about buying this board
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=13201&pdesc=CWB_Absolute_Wakeboard_w/Faction_Hinge_Bindings&cname=Wakeboards&aID=2A&merchID=1009&r=view
any one have any ideas if it will last me? i like the bindings it comes with though

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
whos excited for summer 2009!?
i sure am, 2nd year boarding, hopefully gonna get 2009 Ronix One setup
im riding behind a 1986 Supra TS6m Comp ski boat with a 7 foot custom tower, and getting 500pnds worth of bladder bags
anyone around marmora, or madoc ride?

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 15:18 Quote
the last couple years or ridin'
mix or wakeskate, kneeboard and wakeboard oh and my boat
photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

photo

hope you guys like it

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:39 Quote
I rode a Ronix one setup last year, soo nice. Good choice. I'm pumped to ride again this year, I had such a good year last year. Only one picture I think, here it is.

photo

Yes, I did land it. I have a video of it tooBig Grin Should be a good year.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 16:58 Quote
would you mind posting the vid or sending it to me. im trying to get my tantrums down but i keep landing on my back. i need a good video to help me figure out wat im doing wrong. i am soo excited for the season to start. going to be riding behind my boat and a Malibu VLX this summer. Hopefully enter some competitions too. also i have updated my setup

Currently:

2004 Tige 21i (2000lbs worth of fat sacks and getting moreBig Grin )
2008 Hyperlite Premier 136
2007 Hyperlite Murray
Straightline Bantam carbon handle
Straightline Thermal mainline (upgrading to Accurate Jacket mainline)
JetPilot A-10 Attack vest

If anyone is looking at getting a new mainline i strongly suggest the Accurate Jacket Mainline. i currently have the Straightline Thermal mainline and for a top of the line rope i think it is garbage. if you are crazy about keeping your ropes untangled and are willing to carefully let the rop out you may be ok but i found that it tangles very easily and if you get a know in it it is impossible to get out (plus is rips the plastic outter). its truely not a bad rope. it doesnt strength at all and it feels nice in your hands as the boat is passing. but for me i like to just throw my rope in the water and not have to worry about it so Accurate Jacket mainline here i come!Big Grin

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
is anyone selling a boat this spring? around $4000? in and around central ontario

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
zwak wrote:
I rode a Ronix one setup last year, soo nice. Good choice. I'm pumped to ride again this year, I had such a good year last year. Only one picture I think, here it is.

photo

Yes, I did land it. I have a video of it tooBig Grin Should be a good year.

would i be correct if i said that that looks like its in tobermory?

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 19:41 Quote
wipper15 wrote:
is anyone selling a boat this spring? around $4000? in and around central ontario

what kind of boat are you looking to buy? because for $4000 your not going to get a whole lot

Posted: Mar 19, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
Nope, thats on Lake of the Woods.

Posted: Mar 20, 2009 at 6:14 Quote
dmanj wrote:
wipper15 wrote:

what kind of boat are you looking to buy? because for $4000 your not going to get a whole lot
yea you wont get much for 4000, but look on auto trader, thats where i got my boat

Posted: Mar 21, 2009 at 8:14 Quote
we need to get some more pics in here. i dont really have any riding photos. more of just equipment photos. ill try to get some riding photos up this summer tho.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026486
Mobile Version of Website