Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:29 Quote
timlake wrote:
I like how they say that, but mold them for two fingers.

It's a pre-existing lever, just custom engraved for the Camp Of Champions.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:47 Quote
I ride fists but cover the brake with 1 finger when i manual or fufanu

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 10:51 Quote
timlake wrote:
I like how they say that, but mold them for two fingers.

its so the 2 finger pussys dont feel uselees and can still feel like a champ.Salute

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:40 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I only ever use 1 finger, and don't usually have them over the brakes. I'm more of a death grip person.

And if you have your fingers over the brakes all the time, you're slowing yourself down too much.
Death grip is hilarious looking, finger on lever doesn't mean you're slowing down at all

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:43 Quote
1finger for me is all i ever need and i usually cover but if im railing a berm or just dont need it i dont bother covering

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 12:52 Quote
igz- wrote:
Death grip is hilarious looking, finger on lever doesn't mean you're slowing down at all

Death grip looks fine when in racer stance, but when you are stiff in the air or tricking it looks weird. But who cares, I ride how it feels best.

Stalking the lever does slow you down, it makes you more trigger happy and lets fear get at your speed. With death gripping, when I go for a fear grab at the brakes, once I get over them and about to yank I will have either hit crunch time and had reason to pull, or noticed that it's not worth braking there.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
i never ride with my fingers on meh brake when i ride . i try not 2 use my brake at all i only use it for stopping really fast or doing rear wheel stalls or doing half cabs on street.
EDIT i use 2 fingers on my brake lever

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 16:22 Quote
i dont even have any brakes in the first place

if i did, it would be 1 finger resting on the lever, but now that i have no brakes ive gotten used to the feeling of having a full fist on the grip, and you can deliver so much more power through your wrists into the bars, if i get brakes on my hardtail i will probably just keep the death grip. This is for street/dj on my hardtail.

Downhill however, 1 fingers on each lever at all times, or death grip only if i keep pussying out on a particular corner that i know i can do.

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 16:42 Quote
For me, index fingers always on brake, 100% or the time, always. Im used to it, and its just that feeling of support that makes you go big!

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 at 21:04 Quote
i ride brakeless Razz no i really dont haha and i dont use my brake very much let alone keep a finger on it at all times haha

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 18:54 Quote
way to grave dig^^^^^^^Madder

O+
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 18:57 Quote
Its funny how people are always saying "OMGZ USE TEH SEARCH FEATURE", and when someone actually does it is grave digging or some other negative sounding thing?

I don't really pay attention to what my fingers are doing on the brakes. I think I might have them over levers, but not always.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 19:10 Quote
I ALWAYS keep my fingers on my brakes. i find that i have more control when i have a finger on my brakes. its very uncomfortable to fist grip your bike. i know lots of people that dont keep their fingers on their brakes but why? its so unsafe and braking actually makes you faster.(if your concerned about speed) figure it out.

Posted: May 20, 2009 at 19:13 Quote
I keep my fingers over the brakes in areas where there may be people or traffic, otherwise its both hands on the grips.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011615
Mobile Version of Website