Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Do you keep fingers on your brakes all the time ??
Posted: May 21, 2009 at 2:21 Quote
I always do. Just because I'm always manualing every where I go and if I drop in somewhere and someone is in my way i just tap the brakes instead of reaching for them and ny the time i've ogt my finger on the brake, ive crashed Redface

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 2:35 Quote
Blk-Mrkt wrote:
I always do. Just because I'm always manualing every where I go and if I drop in somewhere and someone is in my way i just tap the brakes instead of reaching for them and ny the time i've ogt my finger on the brake, ive crashed Redface

hahaha same with me man, i find myself with the front wheel up absolutely everywhere i go lol.

but yeah, even just in town, one finger over both brakes =)

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 3:55 Quote
I always have my finger on it, helps get front wheels into down slopes etc and if stuff gets a bit sketchy.

When i do no handers i land with my finger still over the brake.

I know people who do it and people who dont, its just personal preference

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 8:03 Quote
i usually dont ride with my finger on my brakes because i cant do any tricks without pulling on the lever ,especially when doing bunnyhops

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 8:11 Quote
i never ride with a finger over my brake for street/dj, it puts me off because i think i may accidently pull it lifting up the bike or something. it feels like i have more control over the bike without it. however i have never had a bad crash or anything for not having a finger over the brake, it doesnt take that long to reach Razz

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
i found i rode a lot faster with one finger on the break because otherwise you tend to keep switching and putting two fingers on. Also you can break lightly at the points you need to break at. But can ride death grip for dja nd stuff doesn't make much difference for that

Posted: May 21, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
I always keep my right index finger on my rear brake lever. Dont know why but if feel weird when I'm on my bike with fingers on the bars. But in others bike i dont get the same feeling ...
I do that for security reasons, speed control when crossing crowds/ riding with traffic and in some tricks. I do street by the way.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010020
Mobile Version of Website