why so much hate against kona?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
why so much hate against kona?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:06 Quote
Seriously on pinkbike i see countless topics turn into kona vs others and kona bashers always seem to far outnumber kona defenders. im not saying its a bad thing, just wondering why because i was kinda looking at getting a stinky

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:11 Quote
ya i've had a kona and most of my friends ride them and they deffinitely aren't bad bikes.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:45 Quote
i just cant stand the logos and old school look year after year.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:46 Quote
I noticed this also and it really doesnt make any sense at all so far all my fulls have been stinkys and i have loved em and people that say they just break it isnt true i broke my old 05 stinky dee but it took a beating that was the bike i learnt everything on lots of over shoots and hard cases but yeah any one that has a viable reason about hateing kona please post cuz im lost

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:49 Quote
will54869 wrote:
konas suck.
great reason you suck come back when you know something

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:51 Quote
will54869 wrote:
konas suck.
Nicely supported opinion there moron.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 21:59 Quote
My kona holds up, and i love it. 06 scrap, i know not an super fancy, i had to upgrade the brakes, but the bike takes a beating and keeps coming back for more

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 22:04 Quote
yea i ride konas and i think they are great. every bike has their problems. the things i have gone wrong are nothing serious just the normal dérailleur hanger breaking but no biggy that happens with most bikes..... but the other day i found a crack on my shred, but that bike has taken a beating, but kona is good enough to give me a new frame with no charge, even though my bike has exceeded the warranty.tup

and the thing about kona never changing their frames, that is a lie kona changed their DH,coiler, and coilair bikes last year to a new frame style. and in 2008 the cowans frame is thinner and looks sweet, again the coiler and coilair frames changed again, also all the 08 bikes his 2 toned colours.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 1:57 Quote
my local LBS only gets Kona's in as far as broken frames go so I guess ppl bash them cause the frames suck.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 2:11 Quote
I hated Kona after the 05 models. Hollowed out rockers, and now for 08 the crappy curving tubes, dumb Coiler, and AWFUL dropouts on the Cowan.

I have an 04 Cowan and Stinky Deelux. Haven't broken them. Both have seen hard action, plenty of cases, lots of broken parts. But the frames have been solid all through it.

Can't say the same for the newer Konas. I've heard of lots of cracked rockers on the new ones. To me, the 05 Stinky Supreme was the BEST, and LAST, Stinky to be made.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 2:48 Quote
Animik wrote:
dude its not how they look its how they ride. i ride an 05 stinky supreme and it kicks the shit through any dh bike ive ever ridden.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:11 Quote
before i bought my 05 atomik...i test rode an 06 stinky dee...and i loved it...loved the way it rode...it was just too expensive...back then i didnt have the capacity to spend $2000...if i did i totally would have bought it...no questions asked...

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:13 Quote
Animik wrote:

well you're in luck they changed the logos

O+
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 18:16 Quote
I haven't ridden any of the hardtails, but I did ride a 07 Stinky last year. Let's just say Kona doesn't know how to design rear suspension. It locked up every time I braked. I hear the new magic link fixes that, but until I hear more, no more Kona's for me.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009839
Mobile Version of Website