29'er info & discussion.

PB Forum :: 29ers
29'er info & discussion.
Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 19:03 Quote
joe-got-the-erge wrote:
faved them, they cheep enough to, thanks Smile

i found mine cheaper than this, just gotta look around.

they wear like iron, even with a ton of pavement miles.

i'm so enthusiastic about these tires i built my new monster cross bike around them!

Posted: Nov 18, 2010 at 19:10 Quote
i like the sound of goood wearing, the bike i want has a flip flop hub so ill be in fixed gear mode sometimes, wich means ill be skidding

sick bike to btw ^

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 6:31 Quote
Smile

Police called me today, after a month they caught the guy that stole my KISS 29er and I can get it back from them on Tuesday. He appeared in court today to be charged with the theft of my bike (and I'm assuming a whole lot more because...) and was refused bail. Have fun in remand buddy, hope you make some real close friends.

First thing I'm going to do is actually take some photos of it this time.......

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 7:46 Quote
glad that you're getting your bike back Smile

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 9:03 Quote
wow thats awsome, i never herd of the police actualy catching a bike theif then actualy getting it back to you!

Posted: Nov 19, 2010 at 9:59 Quote
Adam-NA wrote:
Smile

Police called me today, after a month they caught the guy that stole my KISS 29er and I can get it back from them on Tuesday. He appeared in court today to be charged with the theft of my bike (and I'm assuming a whole lot more because...) and was refused bail. Have fun in remand buddy, hope you make some real close friends.

First thing I'm going to do is actually take some photos of it this time.......

sweet dude, glad you got yr bike back!

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 9:18 Quote
Yeah shocked you are getting it back from the police. The only time I have ever gotten a stolen bike back was leaving a cafe and seeing a guy ridding my bike towards me. Between me and my 2 brothers standing there with the "we are going to kill you look" he gave me my bike back with out a problem.

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 9:21 Quote
brucie1 wrote:
benefresh wrote:
Ok folks who can give me some wisdom. Niner One-9, specialized stumpy 29er SS, or Gary fisher Rig? Im leaning niner mostly because i can build it how i want it. Im thinking of American classic wheels, Chris king BB and headset, fox f29...Thoughts?

I have a One-9 and love it. I sometimes wish I had gone for the steel frame to get a little bit of a break from the uber stiff scandium. If you are going to go with Chris King headset and BB why not go hubs as well. Never heard much good about American Classic stuff. I have a Reba on mine and like that.

As for the bike choice my first advice is are you able to get any of them from a local shop you like to deal with? If so do it that way, if not then I would go Fisher rig or niner. As for american classic, they have held up really well at my shop for lighter riders. Not saying heavy riders have had a problem, but most of the big guys here are on eastons or shimano hubs. The only thing with Classics to watch for are that they are actually designed to be run with the cones slightly loose, if you tighten them normally the bearings will wear.

Posted: Nov 21, 2010 at 9:36 Quote
knighhit wrote:
brucie1 wrote:
benefresh wrote:
Ok folks who can give me some wisdom. Niner One-9, specialized stumpy 29er SS, or Gary fisher Rig? Im leaning niner mostly because i can build it how i want it. Im thinking of American classic wheels, Chris king BB and headset, fox f29...Thoughts?

I have a One-9 and love it. I sometimes wish I had gone for the steel frame to get a little bit of a break from the uber stiff scandium. If you are going to go with Chris King headset and BB why not go hubs as well. Never heard much good about American Classic stuff. I have a Reba on mine and like that.

As for the bike choice my first advice is are you able to get any of them from a local shop you like to deal with? If so do it that way, if not then I would go Fisher rig or niner. As for american classic, they have held up really well at my shop for lighter riders. Not saying heavy riders have had a problem, but most of the big guys here are on eastons or shimano hubs. The only thing with Classics to watch for are that they are actually designed to be run with the cones slightly loose, if you tighten them normally the bearings will wear.

Rumour has it that Stan's are dropping American Classic from their prebuilds. I have a set of Single Speed DT Swiss 240s. If you go this way look at the through axle system they use as it tightens up everything with the bigger wheels. I would agree on LBS.

Posted: Nov 22, 2010 at 9:05 Quote
with Fisher bikes, you either love the G2 or you can't live with it....personally i don't fit on their bikes. i do like the Niner geometry but be aware they use pretty steep HA, takes some getting used to but works very well!

Posted: Nov 28, 2010 at 21:39 Quote
question:

could you use rigid forks on an alloy frame for xc use?
im thinking about putting rigids on my 29er now i have singlespeeded it
Big Grin

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 3:51 Quote
aslong as your not doing hardcore jumps and drops and putting major stress on your frame i think it would be fine, but im no exspert Smile i have asked the question myself though

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 6:55 Quote
Don't see why not.

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 9:51 Quote
singlespeedkid wrote:
question:

could you use rigid forks on an alloy frame for xc use?
im thinking about putting rigids on my 29er now i have singlespeeded it
Big Grin

sure, why not? nothing that makes alloy (or carbon) different than steel strength wise...just make sure to get the proper axle-crown distance (one that closely matches the current fork)

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z16/ferday13/baldy/IMG_0171.jpg

Posted: Nov 29, 2010 at 9:58 Quote
I think he's asking because it's highly advised to NOT run a rigid fork on an aluminum frame in Dj

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014321
Mobile Version of Website