Your favourite metal song, favourite metal band and favourite metal song when ridin lol

PB Forum :: Movies, Music & Stars
Your favourite metal song, favourite metal band and favourite metal song when ridin lol
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 at 23:15 Quote
metalhead99 wrote:
FortySixAnd2 wrote:
I can't believe all of the sub-genre bashing in this thread. Heavy music is heavy music, who really cares if it's deathcore, metalcore, hardcore, or whatever. There's so much crossover these days that it doesn't matter. Just my opinion, let the flame fest begin.

And for the record, my favorite song is ashes of the wake (LoG), favorite band is Tool, and favourite riding song is My Dying Heart by Dry Kill Logic. Once again, I don't care what you classify the genres as, since they all have at least some metallic elements.

I don't see any sub-genre bashing? People have different tastes in music. But personally I like knowing what genre I'm listening to. I'm not a fan of Core bands, my favorite genre of metal is Black Metal. And Black Metal is way different than any core stuff. the basic elements are all they have in common (drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, harsh vocals, etc). But if you go by that then Fall out Boy or Simple Plan or some retarded band could be considered heavy music because they have electric guitar, drums, and bass. Were would metal be then? I think that Genres are important, maybe I'm just an Extreme Metal bigot. But that is my input.

Now Playing -> A Serpentine Crave - Bishop of Hexen
Ok, maybe they weren't bashing, but arguing was a more appropriate term. Arguing about metalcore and deathcore a few pages back. I agree with what you're saying, but the Fall Out Boy/Simple Plan logic is a little far-out. Anybody looking through this thread knows what is meant by metal, and shouldn't have super-strict guidelines for what is 'acceptable' to be termed metal. I just think that whatever sub-genre you listen to, you're bound to find traits of others. An example from earlier in the thread would be breakdowns, and they were pigeonholed as a hardcore trait, but you see them being fused with every other subgenre out there. Good music shouldn't be labeled as fiercely, and I'm sure most of the artists don't care what they're classified as, and neither do I (I'm a drummer in a hard rock band). Just my view.

Posted: Mar 6, 2009 at 18:06 Quote
FortySixAnd2 wrote:
metalhead99 wrote:
FortySixAnd2 wrote:
I can't believe all of the sub-genre bashing in this thread. Heavy music is heavy music, who really cares if it's deathcore, metalcore, hardcore, or whatever. There's so much crossover these days that it doesn't matter. Just my opinion, let the flame fest begin.

And for the record, my favorite song is ashes of the wake (LoG), favorite band is Tool, and favourite riding song is My Dying Heart by Dry Kill Logic. Once again, I don't care what you classify the genres as, since they all have at least some metallic elements.

I don't see any sub-genre bashing? People have different tastes in music. But personally I like knowing what genre I'm listening to. I'm not a fan of Core bands, my favorite genre of metal is Black Metal. And Black Metal is way different than any core stuff. the basic elements are all they have in common (drums, electric guitar, bass guitar, harsh vocals, etc). But if you go by that then Fall out Boy or Simple Plan or some retarded band could be considered heavy music because they have electric guitar, drums, and bass. Were would metal be then? I think that Genres are important, maybe I'm just an Extreme Metal bigot. But that is my input.

Ok, maybe they weren't bashing, but arguing was a more appropriate term. Arguing about metalcore and deathcore a few pages back. I agree with what you're saying, but the Fall Out Boy/Simple Plan logic is a little far-out. Anybody looking through this thread knows what is meant by metal, and shouldn't have super-strict guidelines for what is 'acceptable' to be termed metal. I just think that whatever sub-genre you listen to, you're bound to find traits of others. An example from earlier in the thread would be breakdowns, and they were pigeonholed as a hardcore trait, but you see them being fused with every other subgenre out there. Good music shouldn't be labeled as fiercely, and I'm sure most of the artists don't care what they're classified as, and neither do I (I'm a drummer in a hard rock band). Just my view.

EEEEWWWW Breakdowns. Razz lol. Im not a fan of those. I don't see breakdowns in black metal? maybe a little bit in death metal, but not much. And yes, my logic is a little far out, but I think its true. The only bridge between LoG and, say, Drudkh, is that they use the same instruments, and have harsh vocals. There is a huge gap there. But what can I say, Im a extreme metal bigot. And we dont like core, or breakdowns XD or "popular" metal (LoG, Slapknut, etc). However, A few exceptions would be As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red. Great core bands.

Edit: Nice avatar btw.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 8:58 Quote
metalhead99 wrote:
FortySixAnd2 wrote:
metalhead99 wrote:

EEEEWWWW Breakdowns. Razz lol. Im not a fan of those. I don't see breakdowns in black metal? maybe a little bit in death metal, but not much. And yes, my logic is a little far out, but I think its true. The only bridge between LoG and, say, Drudkh, is that they use the same instruments, and have harsh vocals. There is a huge gap there. But what can I say, Im a extreme metal bigot. And we dont like core, or breakdowns XD or "popular" metal (LoG, Slapknut, etc). However, A few exceptions would be As I Lay Dying and August Burns Red. Great core bands.

Edit: Nice avatar btw.

Haha, I guess if you listen to mostly Black and Death metal, I can definitely see your point. I listen to bands from every subgenre, so I'm not particulary selective. I like your reference to 'slapknut,' I'm not a fan of them either.

And I'm glad you like the avatar.

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
Any of the horizons album by Parkway Drive

Posted: Mar 7, 2009 at 17:12 Quote
duncanrusselljones wrote:
Any of the horizons album by Parkway Drive
Any song by parkway drive is amazing!!!!

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
haha yeah too right. another band (although there not metal) to listen to while riding is foals

Posted: Mar 8, 2009 at 22:30 Quote
Everyone should go listen to Wintersun. Now.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 15:25 Quote
metalhead99 wrote:
Everyone should go listen to Wintersun. Now.
Indeed they should

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
A lesson in violence by Exodus is the best. No one beats Exodus, the best thrash band ever made.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
nickq wrote:
A lesson in violence by Exodus is the best. No one beats Exodus, the best thrash band ever made.

Agreed, there last two albums are incredible.

Any person I meet that's a die hard metallica fan I usually tell to drop em and go listen to exodus.

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 at 4:46 Quote
ride-to-live wrote:
nickq wrote:

Agreed, there last two albums are incredible.

Any person I meet that's a die hard metallica fan I usually tell to drop em and go listen to exodus.

exodus are great loving the shovel headed kill machine album

i also like some of this when im riding

Posted: Nov 26, 2009 at 16:17 Quote
the best song while i am riding is the trooper by iron maiden

Posted: Nov 28, 2009 at 6:54 Quote
photo

i like the trooper too i had it on my leg Smile

Posted: Nov 29, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
anyone here ever listen to weapon? they're a local band in the st.johns area. www.myspace.com/weaponmetal

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016574
Mobile Version of Website