How NOT to gain muscle

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
How NOT to gain muscle
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 5:53 Quote
Go easy on this guy. Poor fella.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3980303

And to be clear for anyone not into weightlifting, if anyone wants to build muscle, they have to eat more calories, known as going on a bulk.

A weightlifter on a bulk will gain some extra fat as their mass increases (then when they're at their chosen weight, they'll cut their calories back down to slim up, define and show the bigger muscles they've built) - but as you can see, this guy has taken it WAY too far.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 15:47 Quote
Wow... what the hell did he do to get his neck the width of his head? It seems he just got fatter like literally dude ,check out his back , this is sad.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 1:08 Quote
tone-it wrote:
Wow... what the hell did he do to get his neck the width of his head? It seems he just got fatter like literally dude ,check out his back , this is sad.

yeah, all fat. A total waste of 1.5 years. It is sad. It's easy to give the guy shit but really he just (sort of) intentionally made himself really unhealthy so it almost makes you feel bad for laughing.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 13:13 Quote
raak wrote:
tone-it wrote:

yeah, all fat. A total waste of 1.5 years. It is sad. It's easy to give the guy shit but really he just (sort of) intentionally made himself really unhealthy so it almost makes you feel bad for laughing.

I don't feel bad for laugghing at him. He brought on to himself which is stupid.

Posted: Oct 13, 2007 at 14:35 Quote
tone-it wrote:
raak wrote:
tone-it wrote:

I don't feel bad for laugghing at him. He brought on to himself which is stupid.

Exactly. In this day and age, with all the information we have at our finger tips there is no excuse on being that uninformed and that is exactly what he did. He assumed that what he was doing was correct and didn't bother double checking along the way. It doesn't even look like he was working out along the way. At best, it looks like he might have been doing some light bench presses and that's it. All of what little muscle definition he started with is gone and covered with fat now. I think that anyone looking to gain muscle mass should take note from this example and understand the possible damage of just winging it.

Another thing that this demonstrates is the need to do cardio along with weights. Too many people get caught up in reaching higher numbers and forget to maintain a healthy overall appearance.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 9:52 Quote
wow thats all fat i can't believe he referred to that as progress.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 13:18 Quote
ezekiel82 wrote:
tone-it wrote:
raak wrote:

Exactly. In this day and age, with all the information we have at our finger tips there is no excuse on being that uninformed and that is exactly what he did. He assumed that what he was doing was correct and didn't bother double checking along the way. It doesn't even look like he was working out along the way. At best, it looks like he might have been doing some light bench presses and that's it. All of what little muscle definition he started with is gone and covered with fat now. I think that anyone looking to gain muscle mass should take note from this example and understand the possible damage of just winging it.

Another thing that this demonstrates is the need to do cardio along with weights. Too many people get caught up in reaching higher numbers and forget to maintain a healthy overall appearance.

Dude, you talk like the internet is full of factual wisdom.

A lot of stuff, especially heath and fitness wise is bullshit. It has been said in interviews that I've read with proffesional bodybuilders and powerlifters that the major problem for young people trying to build muscle these days IS the internet. They get fed so much crap by un-informed know-it-all idiots on forums and so called knowledgable people writing articles that it actually does more harm than good.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
There is nothing worse for people than reading crap like mens health or fitness magazines, either. If you pay attention, you can find them contradicting themselves in the SAME ISSUES!

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 0:26 Quote
i cant get the link to work... help?

-devin

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 1:14 Quote
I can't either. Link is down.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 1:25 Quote
forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3980303

take the www away

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 1:27 Quote
I barfed in my mouth.

Seriously.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:28 Quote
lol yeah this guys is screwed. atleast most of the people on the body building forum are nice but honestly he's def fat at this point. he def should have started cutting some of the cals off earlier. my first bulk stage certainly didn't consist of a double chin lmao. not good at all.

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:45 Quote
I'd want to gain muscle but ive been told not to as my body is still growing so i need a larger calorie intake. but i dont want to get any beefier, if anything i want to be losing some. any tips?

Posted: Jul 14, 2009 at 13:48 Quote
snaple wrote:
I'd want to gain muscle but ive been told not to as my body is still growing so i need a larger calorie intake. but i dont want to get any beefier, if anything i want to be losing some. any tips?

its not as bad if youre turning your fat into muscles. then its the good kind of "weight".

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012741
Mobile Version of Website