Avid juicy 7 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Avid juicy 7 problem
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:18 Quote
I have avid juicy 7s and when i took of the wheel i pushed the brakes and now the pads are almost next each other i managed to get the wheel on but the wheel turns difficult.ex the pads touches the disc. help!

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:28 Quote
Take the pads out and try push the pistons in gently.
if that fails a re-bleed will be required.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:34 Quote
Thanks with what can i push the pistons back

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:42 Quote
don't need to remove the pads; just slip a flat screwdriver between them and rotate it till the pads are in place. Then, put on the wheel and give a few strong strokes on the lever.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 5:55 Quote
Rolinski wrote:
don't need to remove the pads; just slip a flat screwdriver between them and rotate it till the pads are in place. Then, put on the wheel and give a few strong strokes on the lever.

you can crack your pads this way not to mention contaminating them with the screw driver to.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:05 Quote
No problem clean a thin cone wrench with rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or contaminates and then slip it between your pads. It is wider than a screw driver and will not damage anything.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:06 Quote
thenotoriousmic wrote:
not to mention contaminating them with the screw driver to.
lol with what? The ebola virus? oh please... we are not talking about computers or any fragile component here...

To the op: put on a mask, find a sterile scalpel to gently open the pads (please don't sneeze). Then put on the wheel, and press the lever (gently and with cotton gloves). Please do it slowly, otherwise the earth can implode.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:11 Quote
if you have oil or greese on your screwdriver and you use it to prise your brake pads apart.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:12 Quote
it removes grease and oil.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:14 Quote
That's too obvious. That's why I didn't even mention it.

O+
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:17 Quote
I work in a shop and I see it all, so that is why I state the obvious.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:19 Quote
lol you must be right then

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 6:34 Quote
okay I dont care if I get grease or whatever on my pads... It will go away after some hard braking and it helps seriously.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 8:04 Quote
norwegianqfree wrote:
okay I dont care if I get grease or whatever on my pads... It will go away after some hard braking and it helps seriously.

well no it wont. your brake pads will never work the same again. i thought that to.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
yes, once with grease = pads to the trash

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010267
Mobile Version of Website