Avid juicy 7 problem

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Avid juicy 7 problem
Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 9:00 Quote
Rolinski wrote:
thenotoriousmic wrote:
not to mention contaminating them with the screw driver to.
lol with what? The ebola virus? oh please... we are not talking about computers or any fragile component here...

To the op: put on a mask, find a sterile scalpel to gently open the pads (please don't sneeze). Then put on the wheel, and press the lever (gently and with cotton gloves). Please do it slowly, otherwise the earth can implode.

pmsl

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
norwegianqfree wrote:
okay I dont care if I get grease or whatever on my pads... It will go away after some hard braking and it helps seriously.
what r u noregan oWhip 2 cents Cop Fireman Nurse Army Construction Cook Native Jailbreak Jail Helmet Camera Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face r an ass that doesnt make sence

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
crazycode2 wrote:
norwegianqfree wrote:
okay I dont care if I get grease or whatever on my pads... It will go away after some hard braking and it helps seriously.
what r u noregan oWhip 2 cents Cop Fireman Nurse Army Construction Cook Native Jailbreak Jail Helmet Camera Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face Two-Face r an ass that doesnt make sence

I have no f*cking clue what that says. Anyways. So you pressed the brake while your wheel was removed? I thought the only remedy to fix this was to bleed the brake?

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 12:42 Quote
no you push the pistons back. christ id be upset if i had to blead my brakes everytime that happened to me.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 12:44 Quote
Haha I try my hardest not to do it, and thankfully it hasn't happened yet.

Posted: Apr 11, 2008 at 12:46 Quote
sticking bikes in car boots that do it for me.

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:07 Quote
crazycode2 wrote:
norwegianqfree wrote:
i mean like greese on my disks and i thinku owe me an apology

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:23 Quote
What on earth are you on..

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:24 Quote
Rolinski wrote:
don't need to remove the pads; just slip a flat screwdriver between them and rotate it till the pads are in place. Then, put on the wheel and give a few strong strokes on the lever.

using a screwdriver is a bad idea, can chip or crack your pads, and if your a moron can contaminate them. best thing to do is use a deck of cards, start by putting in as many as can fit, then slowly put one more in each time until the pistons are in their bores. if doesnt work, you might need to bleed

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
or use a lyre lever. thats what i did when my mate thort it would be funny to pull my brake :@

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:28 Quote
just shove a screw driver it hard and twist

,to clean the pads use speed degreaser or methylated spirit then bake in a hot oven for an hour, wait to cool and will be as good a s new

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
g-rod wrote:
Rolinski wrote:
don't need to remove the pads; just slip a flat screwdriver between them and rotate it till the pads are in place. Then, put on the wheel and give a few strong strokes on the lever.

using a screwdriver is a bad idea, can chip or crack your pads, and if your a moron can contaminate them. best thing to do is use a deck of cards, start by putting in as many as can fit, then slowly put one more in each time until the pistons are in their bores. if doesnt work, you might need to bleed

Thats the best fixer ever!
A deck of cards is the next tool being added to my tool box.

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:29 Quote
orangehat wrote:
to clean the pads use speed degreaser or methylated spirit then bake in a hot oven for an hour, wait to cool and will be as good a s new
meph + heat = party trick

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:30 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
orangehat wrote:
to clean the pads use speed degreaser or methylated spirit then bake in a hot oven for an hour, wait to cool and will be as good a s new

obviously wait until its evaporated

Posted: Apr 12, 2008 at 13:31 Quote
andyjacko123 wrote:
orangehat wrote:

Also a great way to remove the bonding from your pads.
Muc-off brake cleaner is very good. i got some lube on my brakes, spray of that, let it evaporate and pads are as good as new..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011740
Mobile Version of Website