Post your Scott bikes...

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Post your Scott bikes...
Posted: Mar 11, 2017 at 22:58 Quote
Medacus wrote:
Just put some new rims on the Genius and also changed the stem from a 50mm to a 35mm, cant wait to get it out this weekend for a blast around Glentress.

That's a tidy yoke Smile Smile Smile

Posted: Mar 16, 2017 at 17:17 Quote
Cheers mate. It's out of action at the moment as I had to cut through the crank axle to get the cranks off. Bloody locking bolt had seized, thankfully I have a spare set of Shimano XT cranks I can put on it, just got to wait on a new BB arriving

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 5:18 Quote

Got all the bling fitted now and the bike is complete Smile now time to build a HT for next winter

Posted: Mar 18, 2017 at 14:52 Quote
Looking good mate.

Speaking of winter I wish this one would hurry up and pass, GT was a bog fest today

Posted: Mar 20, 2017 at 10:39 Quote
Medacus wrote:
Looking good mate.

Speaking of winter I wish this one would hurry up and pass, GT was a bog fest today

Nearly there man, you riding at Vallelujah ?

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 at 9:44 Quote
Nah, not going to be at Vallelujah mate, looks like it will be a good weekend though

Posted: Apr 13, 2017 at 23:54 Quote
Picking up my brand new 2017 Scott Genius LT720 plus bike next weekend, looks like a sick bike. i hope i like it! Will post photos here once i get it Big Grin

Posted: May 21, 2017 at 7:04 Quote
How long is everyone getting out their pivot bearing on the Gunuis and are they easy to change ?

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 7:35 Quote
Finally changed the rear shock to a Float X,now looking forward to Sunday so as I can get out on it

Now I just need the Kashima upgrade for the forks before my OCD drives me nuts lol

Posted: Jun 23, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
burnbag93 wrote:
How long is everyone getting out their pivot bearing on the Gunuis and are they easy to change ?

I had a right mare changing my main pivot bearings.
They had lasted 4years, but were propper toasted when I got my frame. (second hand)
Took getting the whole pivot axle in a vice to press the axle out!
Turns out general crud\grit had worked its way into the axle\bearing interface and half bonded the axle to the bearing on the drive side.
Once I got it out it scraped off and cleaned up fine.

I replaced mine with Enduro MAX BO bearings.

Can't say how long to expect out of stock bearings tho. (2years of average riding would be a guestimate)

Posted: Jul 21, 2017 at 10:11 Quote
Picked up a 2017 Scale 935. Very happy with it but I know upgrades are looming in the future, starting with trimming that too-long remote lockout cable lol and then a new rear hub, most likely a Hope Pro 4 because of its sick engagement. Just gonna ride the hell out of it for now tho...

Does anyone know if there's a ready-made downtube protector for it? I've been doing some research but can't seem to find anything. I've seen options for Giant and Specialized but nothing for Scott. I may have to resort to MacGyver styles but would rather avoid it if I can.

Thanks.

2017 Scott Scale 935 Carbon
2017 Scott Scale 935 Carbon

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 8:02 Quote

My New Genius, only adds are the fenders. I don't plan on doing any upgrades, but might try the Minion 2.8. If any of you have feedback on the Minion Plus tires let me know.

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 8:22 Quote
indydave124 wrote:

My New Genius, only adds are the fenders. I don't plan on doing any upgrades, but might try the Minion 2.8. If any of you have feedback on the Minion Plus tires let me know.

looking good bud... If it's anywhere near as good as the 27.5 one you will love it

Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
Changed a few decals on mines since the last phot.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.045114
Mobile Version of Website