Post your Scott bikes...

PB Forum :: Scott Bikes
Post your Scott bikes...
Posted: Jul 25, 2017 at 8:28 Quote
Medacus wrote:
indydave124 wrote:
photo

My New Genius, only adds are the fenders. I don't plan on doing any upgrades, but might try the Minion 2.8. If any of you have feedback on the Minion Plus tires let me know.

looking good bud... If it's anywhere near as good as the 27.5 one you will love it

Thanks! I already love the bike, it climbs so much better than my old Cannondale. Any setup advice? I've been playing with it a bit but if you have learned anything that might be helpful it would be appreciated

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 4:24 Quote
indydave124 wrote:
Medacus wrote:
indydave124 wrote:
photo

My New Genius, only adds are the fenders. I don't plan on doing any upgrades, but might try the Minion 2.8. If any of you have feedback on the Minion Plus tires let me know.

looking good bud... If it's anywhere near as good as the 27.5 one you will love it

Thanks! I already love the bike, it climbs so much better than my old Cannondale. Any setup advice? I've been playing with it a bit but if you have learned anything that might be helpful it would be appreciated

Yeah, they climb really well for what they are. I don't think my setup would be any good to your bike, reason being I've removed all the remote features on the bike by changing the rear shock and by changing to the latest Fit 4 non remote cartridge in the fork

Posted: Aug 5, 2017 at 4:36 Quote
like the look of the new genus

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 15:45 Quote
New pics
2015 Scott Genius LT 720

Only upgrade so far:
- Spank Flat pedals

I will be buying new grips soon, im still looking for good ones and will like to change the handlebar also, any recomendations?

photo
photo

Posted: Nov 1, 2017 at 19:41 Quote
Anyone try fitting a 27.5 plus rim and tire on a Scott Spark 29”?

Posted: Dec 5, 2017 at 9:54 Quote
Got this used and then stripped it down and had it powder coated. 2015 Gambler.
Completed build after powder coating

Posted: Dec 14, 2017 at 10:14 Quote
Looks great! I was scared to powder mine so I just painted it. Any issues with the powder?

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 9:49 Quote
kmayHD wrote:
Looks great! I was scared to powder mine so I just painted it. Any issues with the powder?

Thank you! I appreciate it! There were no real issues. This was a two coat process to get the "hammered" Look. Black went on first and then the turquoise. I could tell that the frame was a bit heavier because of this. I don't know how much heavier but I could feel the difference when I picked up the frame. This was not an issue for me but if you want the lightest bike you can build then I would say not to use powder coating. There was also some over spray in areas that I had to remove such as in the places where I had to press bearings back in. I used a Dremel tool and was very careful only to remove the powder coat this was a bit tedious but not too bad. Other than that I am very happy with powder coat and would do it again. Maybe just not a two coat process next time.

Mike

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 10:01 Quote
miller925 wrote:
kmayHD wrote:

Thank you! I appreciate it! There were no real issues. This was a two coat process to get the "hammered" Look. Black went on first and then the turquoise. I could tell that the frame was a bit heavier because of this. I don't know how much heavier but I could feel the difference when I picked up the frame. This was not an issue for me but if you want the lightest bike you can build then I would say not to use powder coating. There was also some over spray in areas that I had to remove such as in the places where I had to press bearings back in. I used a Dremel tool and was very careful only to remove the powder coat this was a bit tedious but not too bad. Other than that I am very happy with powder coat and would do it again. Maybe just not a two coat process next time.

Mike

Right on good to know, yea a buddy of mine had his powdered and got a little too aggressive cleaning the excess out of the bearing bores which resulted in loose bearings for the rest of the frames life. But yea as long as your careful should have that problem. Nice work man

Posted: Dec 24, 2017 at 6:13 Quote
My 2017 Genius 720 lt plus. The new wheelset is in the shop as we speak Chris king hubs in "Mango." DT swiss 551 rims black spokes and nipples.
Its got raceface next R carbon 35mm bars.
Racface atlas 40mm stem.
Guide ultimate brakes.
Push coil on rear.
Fox 36 factorys with push coil conversion forks.
RWC needle bearing DU kit.
Raceface atlus pedals
Sram xo rear mec
Sram xo derailer
Sram gx shifter
Custom Titanium shock bolts
Such a sweet ride. I have never had so much fun on a bike.

O+
Posted: Jan 3, 2018 at 11:44 Quote
seraph wrote:
photo

New E.13 TRSr carbon guide XT M8000 11-46 cassette and Guide RSC levers bled up to my existing Level TLM calipers. Bottle cage new as well. Can t tell you how much more I like having a bottle than wearing a Camelbak.

Nice genius!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018337
Mobile Version of Website