Panorama

Posted: Aug 10, 2014 at 10:30 Quote
Thanks for the positive local feedback dman.

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2014 at 15:35 Quote
newo wrote:
Thanks for the positive local feedback dman.
keep diggin buddy, another 50 or so jumps and I'll stop being such a critical old man lol.

Posted: Aug 10, 2014 at 16:17 Quote
I hope my $239.00 season pass directly goes to making jumps. I'm happy to support improvements at pano.

Posted: Aug 10, 2014 at 19:58 Quote
Here are some pictures of the new Rock Lab.
Video still to follow, have been busy, soon you may see why....

Rock Lab

Rock Lab

Rock Lab

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
Sweet but, it looks a little small. To ride the drop safely, it looks like I'd want a little bit of speed, but that with that speed, I might overshoot the step up. I guess we'll have to wait for the video to see how it flows before passing final judgement. Wink

Posted: Aug 11, 2014 at 18:08 Quote
Rode it today, speed is perfect. Go slow off the drop and hit mid tranny and send the right side wood ramp.

O+
Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 9:32 Quote
kurmo wrote:
Rode it today, speed is perfect. Go slow off the drop and hit mid tranny and send the right side wood ramp.

going slow doesn't sound perfect lol, gapping the bridge does though

looks cool but from the pics the bridge base looks skinny for the height... hopefully the posts are in deeep.

Posted: Aug 12, 2014 at 11:48 Quote
I guess my definition of slow would be different as to yours. Go and ride it.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 10:34 Quote
Why the hell is everyone so damn critical on this forum? The trail crew at pano is great. Did you ever ride the trail 4+ years ago? The improvements to the park are great and I think they have one of the best crews this side of whistler.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 10:58 Quote
Im impressed with the amount of work done this year,not trying to be critical. Im sure whistlers jump trails werent perfect the first time built/shaped either.

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 17:54 Quote
t-turi-mullett wrote:
Why the hell is everyone so damn critical on this forum? The trail crew at pano is great. Did you ever ride the trail 4+ years ago? The improvements to the park are great and I think they have one of the best crews this side of whistler.

the most vocal critics are ex-staff who think they know everything...Wink

Posted: Aug 14, 2014 at 21:54 Quote
jamesp wrote:
t-turi-mullett wrote:

the most vocal critics are ex-staff who think they know everything...Wink

Ha! I think people with near a decade in the park have a right to voice an opinion, even if that opinion differs from the majority of people who ride there now. Truth is 5+ years ago there were a lot more trails to ride, the trails got more work done to them in a year and new trails were being built every year.

The past two season there has not been much new work put into the park. Some jumps here and there, re-routes, some shady wood work and that's about it. The new jump line looks great, had a chance to run the first few a couple weeks back and a great job was done by the machine operator to make it all flow well. But honestly it's sad to see less to ride there year after year.

CM!

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 8:56 Quote
Views: 409    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

Posted: Aug 17, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
newo wrote:
Views: 409    Faves: 1    Comments: 3

Nice Owen! And don't get me wrong.....Pano is still my favourite hill to ride out of any. No lines, great trails, beers at the bottom, lakes and rivers to cool off and camp by, you can't beat it anywhere!

CM!

O+
Posted: Aug 18, 2014 at 6:19 Quote
as always well done Owen.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015617
Mobile Version of Website