Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Author Message
Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 16:40 Quote
geezracer wrote:
I have/had a creak as well... Sounded like it was coming from the bottom bracket.
Pulled it, everything looked fine... then pulled the shock mounts, pivot bearings and reinstalled, seems to have fixed something. 2 cents

Oh yeah, keep an eye on the lower shock bolt (on the Enduros, the bolt that holds the shock to the yoke). Comes loose, dirt gets in, bad creaks. Clean everything, use blue loctite, torque to 95 in-lbs.

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 16:43 Quote
tf02 wrote:
geezracer wrote:
I have/had a creak as well... Sounded like it was coming from the bottom bracket.
Pulled it, everything looked fine... then pulled the shock mounts, pivot bearings and reinstalled, seems to have fixed something. 2 cents

Oh yeah, keep an eye on the lower shock bolt (on the Enduros, the bolt that holds the shock to the yoke). Comes loose, dirt gets in, bad creaks. Clean everything, use blue loctite, torque to 95 in-lbs.

Yeah, I have heard that... instead of the provided RS washer for the monarch I am using a lock washer (same size and diameter of course), and loctite.

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 17:03 Quote
Guys not to sound like too much of a weight weenie but does anyone know or have the recorded or claimed weight of the Specialized 'XC alloy 3D forged stem"'that comes stock 650b elite, im looking to upgrade and was just wondering if I'd be shaving any weight

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 19:59 Quote
take yours off and weigh it. if you are going to change a stem though i would look to things more like what it is going to do for me as far as reach and things like that rather than weight.

Posted: Apr 6, 2016 at 23:33 Quote
Yeah, a stem is not really a place you're going to be saving a lot of weight honestly. Geometry is much more important there.

Speaking of weight though, how much do your Enduros weigh guys? My '16 Enduro Comp (aluminum) is 29.9 lbs.

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 2:57 Quote
Yeah it's just scales are kinda hard to get hold on when you're living in student halls aha.
I'm looking at the 40mm Renthal Apex stem and from what I'm reading the rise matches my current stem, though I think the Apex is slightly shorter. My main concern is if it'll be okay with DH and bikepark orientated duties as I'm going whistler next month

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 5:33 Quote
My '12 enduro 26" is 29.1 pounds. Aluminum frame

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 5:36 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
Yeah it's just scales are kinda hard to get hold on when you're living in student halls aha.
I'm looking at the 40mm Renthal Apex stem and from what I'm reading the rise matches my current stem, though I think the Apex is slightly shorter. My main concern is if it'll be okay with DH and bikepark orientated duties as I'm going whistler next month
have a buddy on that stem it's only slightly better than their duo stem which was utter garbage. He has had clamping issues with the apex.

Posted: Apr 7, 2016 at 11:53 Quote
tf02 wrote:
Beaterliscious wrote:
Defect in the manufacturing on the upper integrated headset race, caused a nasty creak and a huge headache of a diagnosis.

Interesting ... I have a '16 Comp and am trying to find a creak as well. I think it might actually be the Pike at the moment, but it's really irritating. Only happens sometimes, and the rest of the bike is so quiet Frown

I had to warranty the Pike that was originally on there. It had a TON of bushing play and the crown steer interface is notoriously creaky.

Another creak/clunk issue I had with this bike was the bolt that connects the shock to the clevis kept coming loose, I had to get in there and put loctite on it a couple of times before it finally took.

The bike felt like it was hastily put together, they slammed a 26" front triangle on a 27.5 rear, the crank had a ton of play and required spacers that were not included.

The bike was super rad but I was chasing noise and play around the whole time I had it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 12:58 Quote
USMC wrote:
Theeeeo wrote:
Yeah it's just scales are kinda hard to get hold on when you're living in student halls aha.
I'm looking at the 40mm Renthal Apex stem and from what I'm reading the rise matches my current stem, though I think the Apex is slightly shorter. My main concern is if it'll be okay with DH and bikepark orientated duties as I'm going whistler next month
have a buddy on that stem it's only slightly better than their duo stem which was utter garbage. He has had clamping issues with the apex.

Don't know what this guy is talking about. I have a Duo stem on my Enduro and an Apex I use on and off. Both work without any issues on the trails or at the bike park. Light and strong. I think people have issues with them if they don't torque them correctly and try and tighten them by feel.

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 at 17:48 Quote
Rdot84 wrote:
USMC wrote:
Theeeeo wrote:
Yeah it's just scales are kinda hard to get hold on when you're living in student halls aha.
I'm looking at the 40mm Renthal Apex stem and from what I'm reading the rise matches my current stem, though I think the Apex is slightly shorter. My main concern is if it'll be okay with DH and bikepark orientated duties as I'm going whistler next month
have a buddy on that stem it's only slightly better than their duo stem which was utter garbage. He has had clamping issues with the apex.

Don't know what this guy is talking about. I have a Duo stem on my Enduro and an Apex I use on and off. Both work without any issues on the trails or at the bike park. Light and strong. I think people have issues with them if they don't torque them correctly and try and tighten them by feel.
no they had been torqued. The apex had been torqued once by the shop and once by myself. They warrantied his stem. Have not heard any issues with the replacement but he is not the only with that issue I have heard from.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 2:24 Quote
I had a friend who ran the duo on a Specialized P2, when we used to ride everyone always said it was a good stem but he always complained as he said he screwed up the torquing (no pun intended lel). I know it's not the hardest of tasks, but if I was to get a bike shop to do the stem for me would it give me a safety net?
I personally think tweaking my cockpit would be a decent upgrade for Whistler, I can't afford an upgrade for my rear shock and I can't really afford an upgrade on my braking either.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 10:46 Quote
Custom EVO 16

Got some wide bars, short stem. Project continues.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 12:31 Quote
Beaterliscious wrote:
Custom EVO 16

Got some wide bars, short stem. Project continues.
What's your combo out of interest? How does it ride and what type of riding do you do with it?

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 at 13:20 Quote
Theeeeo wrote:
Beaterliscious wrote:
Custom EVO 16

Got some wide bars, short stem. Project continues.
What's your combo out of interest? How does it ride and what type of riding do you do with it?

RaceFace Atlas 800 35mm bar. Easton Havoc 35 50mm stem. I haven't ridden it yet, it is my 2nd bike. I plan on using it for chairlifts and shuttles, potentially some trail riding down in Moab, I will have to see how it climbs.


 
Active Forum Threads
2 mins ago - Post your Propain!
23 mins ago - Shimano xt - any downsides to metallic pads (vs resin)?
1 hours ago - The morzine-les gets thread
2 hours ago - Enduro/AM - The Weight Game
2 hours ago - Patrol internal cable port cover screws
2 hours ago - REpOrT::gENUINE LOST LOVE SPELLS CASTER IN SANDTON +27761923297 POLOKWANE/MAURITIUS/KENYA/DURBAN/KIMBERLEY
2 hours ago - 100% eFFECTIVE lOST lOVE sPELLS +27761923297 IN GRENADA//PAPUA NEW GUINEA/USA/MALTA/BELGIUM/LOS ANGELS/POLAND/ARGENTINA
2 hours ago - POWERFUL lOST lOVE SpELLS IN SERBIA +27761923297KOSOVO=TEXAS=GEORGIA=ALABAMA=NEW JERSEY=ILLNOIS
2 hours ago - HoW To bRING bACK LOST LOVE +27761923297 IN KEMPTON PARK//PRETORIA//CAPE TOWN//TEMBISA//MIDRAND/RANDBURG/DURBAN
2 hours ago - SpElLs:+27761923297 POWERFUL LOST LOVE SPELLS IN CANADA//NAMIBIA/KENYA/USA/MICHIGAN/JAMAICA/GREECE/ATHENS
2 hours ago - TaG:0027(761923297)LOST LOVE SPELLS IN UK/LONDON/FINLAND/AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND/FLORIDA
2 hours ago - Renthal Fatbar Lite V2 black handlebars M186-01-BK - red logo - removing
3 hours ago - Sexiest DH bike thread. Don't post your bike. Rules on first page.
3 hours ago - Rescan all my rides
3 hours ago - Bulk editing my ride logs
4 hours ago - Sexiest Slopestyle Bikes and Slopestyle Discussion
4 hours ago - YT Capra Owners
4 hours ago - 2019 Stumpjumper Evo
5 hours ago - Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
6 hours ago - Mechanics Quick Question Thread [Ask Questions Here]
6 hours ago - Old Riders....But not "Old School"
6 hours ago - What bar width are you running for 2020?
6 hours ago - Pig ugliest AM/Enduro/XC/DH bikes out there if yours is a pig post it!
6 hours ago - Rockshox service?
6 hours ago - Converting Specialized Stmpjmpr (‘16) to 1x11: What Cranks? Hub change?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007714
Mobile Version of Website